Rednismo's 2012 Costume Contest Entry w/Proof pic- Child Size Buzz lightyear Build

Rednismo

This is my very first costume build. I hope I didn't do too poorly by RPF standards :confused

Its build out of mincell foam with a combination of roto-cast plastic and plasti-dip to strengthen certian parts. Minwax was also used on some of the parts for strengthening. The pep file was a low poly originally provided by pepmaster. I modified the template to make them higher poly. The biggest problem I encountered was the anatomy of buzz. Buzz has an extraordinary size body and long long arms. Where as a child is the totally opposite. I also had to find the right size dome to fit onto the body and still keep everything to scale. I had to match the size of my child with the size of the costume and also the size of the visor domes available. The visor dome is made out of a plastic dome light cover. I added retractable wings. I know its not the flip up type like in the real Buzz. There are blinking LEDs on the wing tip with on/off switch on the back of the jet pack. The battery that powers the LEDs are located on the rear purple removable hatch. The visor is retractable. Arms and legs are hinged by binding posts. The gloves and purple head sock is made of fleece. The laser on the right arm is functional. The button of the laser is where the real Buzz is on the bicep.

Last edited:
Re: Rednismo's Buzz lightyear Build

The wings are retractable with blinking red and green LEDs on the wing tips. The visor is also retractable with locking mechanism. The laser on the arm also works.

Re: Rednismo's 2012 Costume Contest Entry- Child Size Buzz lightyear Build

This entry is just missing a proof photo. You need a pic of the costume and a sign that says "RPF 2012 costume contest". Deadline is 10pm PST. Good luck! :thumbsup

Re: Rednismo's 2012 Costume Contest Entry w/Proof pic- Child Size Buzz lightyear Buil

Thanks for the reminder Orang_Blend!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back