romoto's 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry

romoto

So my 5 year old and I are watching Ironman 2 and he looks over to me and says the magic words "Daddy, wouldn't it be cool to be war machine for Halloween? And like any good father I say"I thought you wanted to be a cowboy."
So here is the costume I cooked up for him this year. I tried to work with scaling, but I didnt want to spend a whole lot of time doing the pepakura print, cut, transfer to foam cut, glue lots of pieces deal. I figure its the whole weighing the spend a lot of time for 1 night of trick or treating thing. I did a foam Ironman suit and spent 2 weeks last year making a suit and that helped alot in this build. Like Stealth says on his video, " foam equals fast and fun".
This suit took me about 5 days to complete, about and hour or two in front of the TV each night. I knew I couldnt count on keeping a 5 year old in place for any length of time (If you look up naughty on wikipedia you'll see my son's picture there), so I made a duct tape mannequin to help out.
I started with spirals so he could slip in and out of each segment then built up features using a 4 inch figure as a guide.
What was extremely helpful was have a scaled head to work with so you can have a helmet that wasn't giant size. 5 year olds already have a bigger head so I wanted to keep this down to a minimum

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back