TheProhammer 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry

TheProhammer

This is something I built and sewn years ago when I was into ALL things Sean Connery. I was impressed by his film, 'Outland'. I know the film had little critical acclaim, but I also like olde timey westerns. So coming up with my version of the Marshal's uniform, badge and shotgun was a must. It's recognizable and comfortable costume to boot. I first got some 8X10's and the tape to check items, features and colors.

10577-my-outland-marshal-oniel-costume-badge-self.jpg

Starting from top to bottom:
*HAT: basebal cap type with liquid plastic applied for officer's 'scrambled eggs' on the bill. The patch was event bought.
*SHIRT: Blue military shirt (from thrift store) with sleeves rolled up, two front chest pockets with military rank bars (PX bought) on collar, namebadge sewn above chest pocket. The upper sleeves unit patches were made with same liquid plastic carefully applied onto heavy canvas (as per reference film photos) cut-outs with zig-zag stiching on the edge to finish the patches. Paches sewn on.
*BADGE: I fabricated the marshal's badge using some medium weight aluminum, nickel plated(shiny) sheets cut into the star & filed smooth, epoxy glue to put metal together in a stack. I used small peel-off lettering and colored masking tape to get the correct official police badge markings. Hot glue for the pin-back.
TROUSERS: Blue polyester uniform pants from thrift store.
BELT: police style uniform belt from my work uniform with night stick(made from wooden dowal.)
SHOES; High top double zippered fireman's boots from thrift store
ARMAMENT: a sawed-off plastic full size toy shotgun with pistol grip (From swap meet)

PS...chest pocket 'OO7' button for fun since it says 'Connery".

There you have it first this was a hall costume and then I entered some contests and always 'placed'. Finally I wore this playing the Connery character in some science fiction convention skits and playing Marshal O'Niel in 'Trivia Squares'(HOLLYWOOD SQUARES copied event programming fun) games asked to be put on by the Con committee.

http://www.therpf.com/members/thepr...costumes/17857-outland-marshal-oniel-costume/

11480-sean-connery-space-marshal-oneil-outland-badge.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back