My Shadow Costume

DBeck

Hey, all! New to the forum and wanted to share my Shadow costume. The Shadow has long been a favorite character/costume of mine. After the movie came out in '94 I attempted a rather crude version of that costume in like '96 or something. I was very lucky to meet my now fiance who works as a costume and wardrobe designer in Hollywood. She made my long time dream of an accurate Shadow costume come true. She pored over every detail and tailor made me the Jacket, cape, put a wider brim on a fedora, and even made the pistol shoulder holsters! At long last I have the costume I've always wanted. Here are some pics! :)

DBeck

Last edited:
Dude I love the costume! It looks great, I have the movie on my dvr! Thank you for not doing another freaking iron man or spiderman or something in foam!

I haven't had a chance to read any of the comics but I love that much underrated movie... "Psychically I'm very well endowed"

Great costume!

Where did you get this awesome fedora?
I am dying to make fem-Shadow version :)

My wife got a Scala Outback that is a little more like the pulp version. It has the thin leather hat band instead of the wide fabric band like the movie.
It might be a good alternative.

Wolf

Pardon me while I squee! Your fiancee did an amazing job! I've been wanting to do one of these for DH, but I'm having to ease him into the costuming thing first. Hope I can even come close to this!

Absolutely amazing. The Shadow is on my list, I hope that someday it makes it to the top of the list, and that it could be anywhere as good as yours.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back