Funnaejc's 2012 Halloween costume contest entry

funnaejc

IMG_4522.jpg

Hi y'all, just wanted to share what i have been doing for the past 2 months. Making this costume was my first ever costume build so please be nice. Took long hours of sanding, painting and thinking...

First i started with the scepter.. heres are some pictures.. i pretty much made this from looking at tons of peoples pages to get an idea of how to start. I really want to thank all the people who created loki costumes for all the ideas.
IMG_3467.jpg

IMG_3454.jpg

IMG_3482.jpg

IMG_3486.jpg

IMG_3508.jpg

IMG_3528.jpg

IMG_3525.jpg

Scepter made from pvc pipe covered with foam.. then covered with elmers white glue. Blades were made from balsa wood. Also used a light bulb painted transparent blue with a blue led inside. Cut of strips of zip lock bags were used to diffuse the light giving it a cool swirly effect.

The helmet was purchase as a raw kit from yarko..such a great dude btw.. I then bonded the horns to the helmet, primed and painted. Let me just tell you, sanding sucks! I actually took this helmet to a club for birthday a little before halloween, which was a bad idea. People tried it on so much the horns broke and i had to resand again. One piece of advice never bring cosplay stuff especially things that are fragile to a club party.

Here are the pics..
IMG_3530.jpg

IMG_3543.jpg

IMG_3552.jpg

Afterwards the main part of the costume.
I bought the inside part of the costume on ebay for like 40 bucks cause i didn't have the time to make it before halloween. I did however wanted a to wear a cape. Who doesn't want to wear a cape right?? Went to fabric store to purchase green fabric.. which was surprisingly cheap (2 bucks)! Then i made foam shoulder pads covered in pva glue. I cut out black floor mat (target..10 bucks) and attach it to the back of cape then i layered the cape over it. I then put velcro behind the bottom of the cape piece and attached it to the jacket.

Here are the pics
IMG_3510.jpg

IMG_3513.jpg

IMG_3514.jpg

This was a fun but tedious project.. I learned a lot from other people on the therpf site and other sites as well. If you have any quesitons of how i made or got something.. let me know =D

I pretty much made this costume for the kids at my school. This picture is so priceless..
IMG_4520.jpg

Proof picture
IMG_3546.jpg

man this hammer is heavy!
IMG_4410.jpg

Last edited:
That's my helmet o.o

I'm glad you did a nice job finishing it but... shouldn't I be credited or something?

That's my helmet o.o

I'm glad you did a nice job finishing it but... shouldn't I be credited or something?

Credited yes, but finishing a helmet or a kit is still allowable in the contest, especially if the rest of the costume was made as well. Funnaejc, if you still want to enter you're free to! Just make sure you fulfill the requirements.

I don't have a problem with you entering the contest, please, don't delete your entry! It is just that a friend found those pics and told me... hey, someone made a helmet just like yours!

As long as you don't go around saying you were the original sculptor of the helmet, I'm fine with you entering any contest!

I don't have a problem with you entering the contest, please, don't delete your entry! It is just that a friend found those pics and told me... hey, someone made a helmet just like yours!

As long as you don't go around saying you were the original sculptor of the helmet, I'm fine with you entering any contest!

We will split the winnings 80/20...sound fair?:lol:lol:confused

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back