RedDevilRabbit's 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry

What up everyone, I'm Jason and this is my Costume Contest entry My enterpretation of Ezio Auditore's Armor of Brutus. Little about me. I'm 29 years old and an lover of all things special effects, though I'm not that great at it i've always relied on store bought items to put my costumes together.. for the FIRST time. this is a 100% custom costume designed by myself and build by my friend Lance and myself. This is also my first ever contest i've entered.
As far as a builder I'm a complete Noob. i'm fairly intuitive and can usually figure things out by experimentation. Lance who helped me is a experienced leather worker and did 100% of the extremly detailed tooling on the leather, neither of us had ever attemped armor before so it was quite the learning experience 50/50 on the rest of the leather with myself and my wife working on the cloak, cape, hood, pants and so on.
if i had any part that i was more partail to it would be the detailed tooling.. Lance did a fabulous job and the armor wouldn't have the POP i think it does with out it.
Hardest part of the whole process was making sure things fit and moved correctly. being as we had never done this before it was a challenge on where to start. because of the the armor is slightly big for me but i still have great mobility and snugness. The only thing missing is a pair of period boots, and the hidden blades that im currently working on
I tell anyone that says wow i could never do that.. "Dont say never, because it will always be never until you try!"
Anyways ENJOY! (Link to the build thread http://www.therpf.com/f24/update-9-28-12-99-done-assassins-150072/ )
IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back