Riddick (Post-release)

IBCW

Riddick Gets His R Rating | Superhero Hype

In the film, the infamous Riddick has been left for dead on a sun-scorched planet that appears to be lifeless. Soon, however, he finds himself fighting for survival against alien predators more lethal than any human he's encountered. The only way off is for Riddick to activate an emergency beacon and alert mercenaries who rapidly descend to the planet in search of their bounty.
The first ship to arrive carries a new breed of merc, more lethal and violent, while the second is captained by a man whose pursuit of Riddick is more personal. With time running out and a storm on the horizon that no one could survive, his hunters won't leave the planet without Riddick's head as their trophy.

First I've heard of a new Riddick movie, sounds like it could be good. It's been awhile since I've seen Pitch Black, I'm glad they didn't go PG-13 like they did with Chronicles...

Color me interested.

Glad to hear they went R as well. That whole "R" rated Chronicles movie was as Riddick said "*bleep*ing insulting" Change the line of the merc, and another f-bomb, that doesn't make it rated R, haha.

Soon, however, he finds himself fighting for survival against alien predators more lethal than any human he's encountered.

16741_aliens_xenomorph_alien.jpg

The first ship to arrive carries a new breed of merc, more lethal and violent,

Mandalorian_by_Krad_Eelav.jpg

while the second is captained by a man whose pursuit of Riddick is more personal.

331368_original.jpg

his hunters won't leave the planet without Riddick's head as their trophy.

predator.jpg

Yeah, I'd be in line to watch that movie a month ahead of time.

Yeah, the PG 13 rating really killed Chronicles for me....sorry but the character of Riddick demands an R rating. Glad the writers went back to more of a Pitch Black vibe for
this film...should be awesome!

So did they just drop the whole leader of the Necromonger chronicles thing for another survival horror like Pitch Black?

So did they just drop the whole leader of the Necromonger chronicles thing for another survival horror like Pitch Black?

If I have to guess, I would think the necromongers will turn on him and leave him for dead...then this movie starts....but who knows?

Bringing this thread up to date. Vin Diesel posted this pic on his Facebook:

Riddick_130222_360.jpg

With the caption: "“It has been 9 years since The Chronicles of Riddick was released… all along I knew I would eventually have to return to that dark place, the mind of an Alpha Furyan…”

Bringing this thread up to date. Vin Diesel posted this pic on his Facebook:

Riddick_130222_360.jpg

With the caption: "“It has been 9 years since The Chronicles of Riddick was released… all along I knew I would eventually have to return to that dark place, the mind of an Alpha Furyan…”
I guess we'll see how they follow it up. To promise us a sequel where Riddick goes to the Underverse and then not follow through on that seems like a wasted opportunity. :unsure

No mention of Fry killed Chronicles for me.

Why would they mention her though? I mean she got killed plain and simple. Riddick doesn't strike me as the type to lament over someone he knew for all of a day or two.

The only reason for jack was he grew to knew her in the time they spent together. As far as I know, the riddick anime that took place between pitch black and chronicles was cannon.

This is awesome news, I'm "working" on a Riddick costume for 2014 (working on my physique at the moment) No mention of Fry? I didnt think Fry was worth mentioning, especially 5 years after PB.

Last edited:
I guess we'll see how they follow it up. To promise us a sequel where Riddick goes to the Underverse and then not follow through on that seems like a wasted opportunity. :unsure
The way I understood it, there were three Riddick stories up in the air, and only one of them featured the Underverse. It was never promised that the immediate sequel to Chronicles would have it, merely that it was someplace they would eventually go. At this point, probably the third (fourth) film. Unless they're just being sneaky and not letting that part of the story leak, so we can all be surprised in the theaters.

I really liked the whole Necromonger/Underverse plotline. I'll be disappointed if they just drop all of that in favor of just another mindless action movie.

Does its job as a teaser.. makes me want more. :)

I really need to pick these movies up on Blu-ray at some point. I've got them on DVD, but they'll be worth the upgrade, methinks.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back