Riddick (Post-release)

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpeg

Yeah...that was all I needed to see!!! LOL!! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go watch Pitch Black.

:lol I watched all 3 after I saw that trailer!! I hope there is a hot female lead so I can make a matching costume for my wife. :lol
"Lady, they don't know what to do with one of me." :cool

Loved Pitch Black, thought Chronicles had some good stuff but I just could not get behind it fully because of the production and art design of the Necromongers. I mean, where do they go to the bathroom? How do they steer their ships? It was all gothic sculptures and twisty-turny things! Maybe Galactica and Firefly ruined it for me, but I just have a hard time with Science fiction design that is without any sort of practical substance unless it's made to be so "alien" that we can't comprehend it.

Loved Pitch Black, thought Chronicles had some good stuff but I just could not get behind it fully because of the production and art design of the Necromongers. I mean, where do they go to the bathroom? How do they steer their ships? It was all gothic sculptures and twisty-turny things! Maybe Galactica and Firefly ruined it for me, but I just have a hard time with Science fiction design that is without any sort of practical substance unless it's made to be so "alien" that we can't comprehend it.
That's how I pictured the Necromongers "so alien we can't comprehend it"
One of the aspects I really enjoyed was the fact it was different than the "standard" sci-fi design. We didn't really see much of the Necro ship controls in TCOR but juding by the lensers they seem to use a bio-interface technology, maybe we'll see a bit more of the tech side of them in the new movie:):thumbsup
I rarely consider how anybody uses the bathroom in a film!:lol:lol:lol

Going back to the Necromongers, during the scene on the bridge of the ship, during the dialogue between the Purifier and Vaako, you can see what are presumably the pilots around them. They're seated at stations with a sort of holographic haze coming from the console and wrapping around their heads. I always read it as some sort of biological or psychic link to the ship (or both), rather than something as clunky as a wheel and joysticks and big buttons or switches. Makes sense given some of their other technology, definitely completely different than the "normal" tech that most folks use (which is much more in line with what we'd expect to see).

That scene also shows Vaako in his "normal" clothing, showing that he doesn't wear that armor all the time. :)

The Necromonger implementation in the film felt to me as if they had been filtered through the eyes of a 15-year-old. I got a definite "eragon" vibe from them. There was a lot of potential there but it just felt like a super-thin crust of visual style with no truly mysterious substance underneath. Just too much "humans standing around in suits" on fairly "obvious" movie sets. Maybe that's a bit harsh, but I just didn't buy them for soem reason.

I've been reading up on this and looking at the photos and now the sneak peek and I still can't figure out WHEN this takes place.

Is it before Chronicles? If so, okay... I guess I can see how that makes sense.

But if it is after, I'm concerned. I was really hoping we'd see him dealing with the Necros in some way but it looks like they're just dropping that story line and starting with him going back to just being a big bounty.

How and why? Did they all just bow to him and then Vaako tricked everyone into dropping him off on some planet to die, or did Riddick say, forget this and ask to be dropped off?

I love this universe and the character and the back story and the action, set, costumes etc... but really, it was the story line between first Fry and Riddick and then Jack/Kiera and Riddick that was a huge reason I LOVED the movies. The plot line and his development are really what makes it for me... So now what?

Will we see more of the Furien who showed him his history in a vision? Will he fulfill some other destiny?

Right now it looks like it's just Riddick running for his life and killing bad guys and monsters...

Please someone tell me there is some deeper plot that I'm missing.

The trailer is pretty much a teaser, personally I haven't done any reading on it because I don't wan't any spoilers. I'm hoping the Necros are dealt with as well, to just brush that whole story aspect off would be really lame.

Well... If ya watched that ya really don't have to see the movie! LOL!!!

First half: riddick alone, gets tracked by a group of bounty hunters... Kills 3... At least 2 of those deaths are SHOWN in the trailer...

Hunters capture him... Threaten to decapitate him but are cut short...

Second half: basically PB rehashed....

Hmm... Mighta been a fun ride if it wasn't ruined by the trailer...

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back