Skippster86's 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry (Rick Grimes Walking Dead Sheriff)

skippster86

My costume is modeled after Rick Grimes the deputy sheriff from King County Georgia in AMC's The Walking Dead.

I live in a small town in the pacific northwest, there is no police supply or surplus military store so getting the pieces together proved to be a challenge. I searched every thrift/goodwill/salvation army store to save on costs but ultimately had to look online bits and pieces.

kingcountycomp1.jpg

I tried some Justin boots on in a country feed and ranch store and found the right size and ordered a pair which looked close to the pair that rick has worn from season 1-3. I have never owned cowboy boots before and I will be wearing these around town for sure!

My pants were purchased from Macy's in the correct chocolate brown color. I found some tan color ribbon material at Joanne fabrics and sewed them to the sides.

My shirt was sourced from Quartermaster (discovered it was the same as the screen used shirt via the rpf) I took the sides in for a better fit as the shirts are made for a plate carrier/body armor.

kingcountycomp2.jpg

I found the badges and pins on ebay and had the nametag made at a local trophy/sign place.

I also purchased the duty belt/keepers/speed loader holster and swivel holster online along with my airsoft python. I modified the holster (cut off the end for screen accurate and fit)

kingcountycomp3.jpg

My hat is a bailey chocolate brown cattleman hat purchased online, I added the campaign cords from Quartermaster along with a badge (modified the back with a hat pin to attach)

photo.jpg

Proof photo with rpf displayed on my nook tablet.

october312012057.jpg

october312012052.jpg

october312012044.jpg

october312012058.jpg

october312012061.jpg

Re: Skippster86's 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry (Rick Grimes Walking Dead Sher

what are the boots called that you got?

Re: Skippster86's 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry (Rick Grimes Walking Dead Sher

Justin Men's 11 Inch Bay Apache Boot Style: J3405

Good luck!

Looks great! Good luck in the contest.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back