MangoRooza's 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry

MangoRooza

Hi everybody!

I'm a huge fan of Assassin's Creed games and AC3 just released and Connor Kenway/Ratohnhaké:ton's costume looked awesome, so I decided to do it.

So what did I need to do?

• Jacket (the sleeves didn't fit so I had to use option 2, make the jacket a vest)
  • Shirt under the vest that now has the sleeves
  • Pants
  • Hood
  • Vambrace
  • Quiver
  • Tomahawk (dad made it to me out of pine and PVC)
  • Belly belt
  • Belt that holds the quiver
  • Red sash

Jack-- I mean vest

I used regular vest patterns and added some extra to its length. I made the vest before I knew about this competition.

Shirt

Dad works in a hardware store, so he gets free t-shirts all the time. I found a Bahco t-shirt and turned it that the label on the chest was on the back, cut a sharp V-hole, added buttons (one did drop off), added sleeves.

Pants

Blue and brown pants. Added brown trouser legs to blue pants. Then some holes to them (at least they're not too hot)

Hood

Patterns from Tally's treasury, thanks Tally!

Vambrace

Just basic two different color fake leather. That Assassin Insignia is paper.

Quiver

Pink cardboard, black on the inside, covered with very stretchable brown fabric.

Tomahawk

Like I said, dad made it. Pine and PVC. And fake leather again.

Belly belt

A basic belt. That's all.

Shoulder belt

Also dad gets belts stuff like that. So that belt has label ''Makita'' on it. Yeah, a basic belt and I added a slice of -surprise- fake leather!

Red sash

2,5 meters long red fabric I did cut out of a large skirt.

AND I SURVIVED. I made 90% out of it. And I'm not even 13 years old. Actually my mum and granny said that it's 'very hard'. And it the vest was the hardest. So moderators, I'm not in women's category. Sorry that I lied my age in registration..

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back