Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

If you check out his web site, you will find that he as a great range. He could have been hired to sculpt just about anything on set. It doesn't have to be armour.

true and regardless I'm still glad he is there working on something just the same. whatever it is he is doing I'm sure it will be that much better for it!
If one looks at his IMDB record every film he's worked on right up to Guardians of the Galaxy he is credited as Sculptor save Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (modeller)
and Little Shop of Horrors (sculptor/modeller)
so he could be doing something in modeling... but my intended point to begin with is I just feel personally it is for armor or helmet but that's just my opinion as I haven't "heard" or "read" anything just speculating.... we are all speculating on everything in this thread and I'm no different! :D so whether it be armor, helmet, creature, prop or model, who knows but the insiders, we will find out eventually :p )

Last edited:

Is there a place on this new X-Wing for an R2 unit? It looks unfinished without that dome behind the canopy.

Might be that the droid got out. If it's, for example, the hero's ship and R2 or another astromech is their "sidekick," then that'd make sense.

Here, I fixed it for ya. :lol
NoJJA_zpsdc4a3436.jpg

I hope that if it does carry an R2 unit, it doesn't do that stupid "popping out" action that they did in the prequals. That was so dumb looking.

I know you're just trying to be funny here, and I totally support your right to free speech and creative license, but this lens flare shtick is getting really old. The joke's been made thousands of times and it's just not ​funny anymore.

The original (photoshopped) picture actually looks like it could be a still from the movie. Excellent job on that one.

Maybe it was the Kenner toy then.

Y'know I knew you were gonna say that,.....I had the image copied in,......then I cut it out

.......Na

dvtie-front.jpg

All my old original books,....from the OT just call it Darth Vader's TIE,......same as the Snowspeeders,.......they were called Snowspeeders

Now everyone calls them T47's......ah life was so much easier back then :wacko

J

Didn't they actually SAY "sir were having some trouble adapting the t-47's to the cold "

???

Soo... That's different than vaders tie ...

Deck Officer: Sir, Commander Skywalker hasn’t come in through the south entrance. He might have forgotten to check in.
Han Solo: Not likely. Are the speeders ready?
Deck Officer: Not yet. We’re having some trouble adapting them to the cold.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2-1b : Sir, it will take quite a while to evacuate the T-47's.

I never thought of Snowspeeders as T-47's.....i always assumed that because Luke referred to them as heavy equipment, t-47's were like loading cranes or something. It's always bugged me that the pilots haven't even taken off for battle yet and 2-1b is talking about evacuating the Speeders? Nope never made sense.

Rich

Deck Officer: Sir, Commander Skywalker hasn’t come in through the south entrance. He might have forgotten to check in.
Han Solo: Not likely. Are the speeders ready?
Deck Officer: Not yet. We’re having some trouble adapting them to the cold.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2-1b : Sir, it will take quite a while to evacuate the T-47's.

I never thought of Snowspeeders as T-47's.....i always assumed that because Luke referred to them as heavy equipment, t-47's were like loading cranes or something. It's always bugged me that the pilots haven't even taken off for battle yet and 2-1b is talking about evacuating the Speeders? Nope never made sense.

Rich

Thats how I see it too,....but somewhere along the line the T47 tagg got attached & I've noticed a lot of model builders calling them that now....

The Rinzler books have no mention of T47's,....even the newly released toys are still called Snowspeeders

J

I think my brain melded the 2 together.

After seeing them called that in books, then rewatch ESB through the years

It would make a lot more sense for 2-1B to be talking about something bigger and harder to move than a grav-lift airspeeder!

Thats how I see it too,....but somewhere along the line the T47 tagg got attached & I've noticed a lot of model builders calling them that now....

The Rinzler books have no mention of T47's,....even the newly released toys are still called Snowspeeders

J

I figured the T47's were the big transport ships. The OT rarely named anything in-film. It wasn't until the toys came out that we started calling them cloud-cars and AT-ATs, etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was West End Games that first used the X1 moniker for Vader's Tie. They've left a lasting legacy on the franchise.

As far as the X-wing goes, I'd bet that they don't mention whether it's an updated model, a new craft or what you'd call it. They'll just presume that you can figure out that it's a more advanced design. Or if not, meh, keep enjoying the movie.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back