Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

perhaps. just seems like too much information for a set that is locked down in secrecy. She doesn't really look much like a young Carrie so if she is indeed young Leia I'm not sure we old fans will be able to visually accept it! :D She'll do fine though... I totally believed River Phoenix as young Indy so if Billie's role is young princess Leia I'm sure it will work just fine... so here is my speculation... if they feel the need to show a Leia flashback for whatever plot reveal reason, then it would be awesome to have a Vader appearance... think about it, she had met him before the Tantive IV attack... "Darth Vader. Only you could be so bold..... " "Don't act so surprised, Your Highness. You weren't on any mercy mission this time."

for me that says they have had encounters before... would be cool to see vader in this rumored flashback!

- - - Updated - - -

So much for the out for 6 months and back in the US rumors! He is in London and mobile, sort of...
Harrison Ford is back on two feet (almost) with prosthetic peg leg after breaking foot on set while filming Star Wars | Mail Online

well, they were looking for scallawag sea port type extras for a scene so maybe Han will fit right in with that set now! :D

article-2675220-1F46A00000000578-239_634x947.jpg

Last edited:

A flashback would be kind of unprecedented for star wars, not so much for JJ though.

I do wonder why though, when Palpatine had access to the best cloning facility in existence, why he chose to keep the ruined and burned Anakin, instead of growing himself a healthy new one.

A flashback would be kind of unprecedented for star wars, not so much for JJ though.

I do wonder why though, when Palpatine had access to the best cloning facility in existence, why he chose to keep the ruined and burned Anakin, instead of growing himself a healthy new one.

would be a clone but not necessarily the same person... a copy with no midichlorians (or as I prefer "not force sensitive") he would probably just have a look-a-like with no abilities.

While it is unprecedented for Star Wars so far, I don't think it's too out there. The OT didn't need them, because it was telling the whole story it needed to at the time. The PT in itself could be considered an entirely self contained "flashback" for the OT. The new movies will be the first made to take place this long after the events of another movie, with all of the same characters.
People will want to know what happened in the 30 or so years inbetween for all of these characters, and while it could be perfectly explained with some quick exposition, it may be relevant enough to the plot to show some of the inbetween events as the story unfolds.

Or maybe it's just another dud rumour! I really have no strong feeling one way or another on them using flashbacks, but I don't think there's been a strong enough pattern yet to exclude a flashback from being incorporated effectively as part of Star Wars. It does feel weird given that the original movies very much felt in the moment, but until I see it, I'm certainly not against it.

While it is unprecedented for Star Wars so far, I don't think it's too out there. The OT didn't need them, because it was telling the whole story it needed to at the time. The PT in itself could be considered an entirely self contained "flashback" for the OT. The new movies will be the first made to take place this long after the events of another movie, with all of the same characters.
People will want to know what happened in the 30 or so years inbetween for all of these characters, and while it could be perfectly explained with some quick exposition, it may be relevant enough to the plot to show some of the inbetween events as the story unfolds.

Or maybe it's just another dud rumour! I really have no strong feeling one way or another on them using flashbacks, but I don't think there's been a strong enough pattern yet to exclude a flashback from being incorporated effectively as part of Star Wars. It does feel weird given that the original movies very much felt in the moment, but until I see it, I'm certainly not against it.

the anakin dream vision of Padme' during birth was unique to the SW franchise (and worked just fine) The moment in ESB when Luke sees the vision of Vader in the Dagobah swamp was in slo-motion and that is still unique to all the films.... so there is room for flashbacks I think.

That's actually a pretty cool device he's got there.
Maybe they could drape it with green screen and CG a real looking leg. At least for standing still shots.

nah, just call it an old piracy accident and give him a peg leg... they can adapt the Brian Daley EU book and call this film Han Solo and the Lost Leg-acy :D

"This is interesting... Lego... the lego system? no Lego is not a system, its a prosthetics company... its pretty far but I think we can make it.."

Say what you will about his directing(I like it.) but this guy is one of us.

This deal is getting better all the time! (Suck it Disney acquisition haters!)

LOL! Disney acquisition is a $4.2 Billion investment... Disney won't let this fail.. I'm sure if there was any weird Disney input that JJ or Kathleen Kennedy didn't feel was right they would tell them and Disney would be appreciative of the constructive criticism and back off. I have a good feeling about this movie.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back