Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens

The Force is there to be availed by people. It's the people who went to sleep, not the Force. Supposedly. :)

Again…or possibly this is the third time, if you read that spoiler description of the status of Luke at the start of this film, it makes sense. You all are taking it too literally.

Exactly.It works in context of the discription that has been revealed about the plot. And I'm betting that plot is real as all other rumours have been a part or not quite the whole truth of how the plot will work. Luke being bad etc. The bad Luke rumour made great publicity and many debates on the net but is not the whole truth. :)

Ben

STAR WARS
EPISODE VII
THE FORCENING
"This time it's personal"

-----------

this was in response to Treadwell's post (which I now can't find) (I could have used a "quote" business, but I was prohibited by way of Rye Whiskey, and so... I am now off topic.carry on...)

Well, I hope they'll change the title in French: "Le réveil de la Force":behave...réveil can also be used for...wait for it: an alarm clock! Mmmhh, not good indeed...
Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakened, Looked At The Time, Then Rolled Over And Got Ten More Minutes Of Sleep

I knocked a picture up the other night, had an idea in my head of Luke pulling a star destroyer down from orbit.

Star destroyer by: Ansel Hsiao (Fractalsponge)

st down final.jpg

In Star Wars Tarkin tells Vader something along the lines of "You my friend are the last of that Religion". If we consider by that logic not much remained of the Force already by ANH....then Vader and the Emperor bite the dust.....it kind of makes sense that Luke would be the only one with the Force left. Then years later some catastrophe forces him out of hiding and as such 'The Force Awakens'.
This is completely my theory but if they're playing on continuity from previous films....well there you have it.

:)

David

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

Do we know if the R2 Builders Club are responsible for the weathering also? or just building him. I'm not knocking their work by ANY means, and I'm so excited and proud for them that they were able to make the ep. vii R2, but the weathering job does look a little too airbrushed to me. Instead of having the appearance of dirt and grease building up in the natural grooves, it looks a little too even and intentional with the brown misting.

Don't get me wrong, I think it still looks fantastic and I'd gladly take this ANY DAY over a CGI flying R2 with go go gadget oil slick and rocket boosters.

I had the same reaction when I first saw these photos. The weathering doesn't look natural at all, with a very airbrushed "tracing around the panel lines" kind of look. Maybe it's just the way the light hits it in the photos. I'm sure it'll look great in the film.

I knocked a picture up the other night, had an idea in my head of Luke pulling a star destroyer down from orbit.

Star destroyer by: Ansel Hsiao (Fractalsponge)

If they did that I guarantee all the people who hated the Prequels will love it, yet they all say the Prequel Jedi were too much like superheroes.

"No more Mr. Nice Force!"

Sung by Alice Cooper, backed by the London Symphony Orchestra.

I'm ok with Luke being overpowered like The Force Unleashed, but I don't need to see a bunch of Jedi running around arrogant and uptight like they were in the prequels.

Chew on this one lol

"As this episode is the first Star Wars film to be distributed by Walt Disney Pictures, Princess Leia Organa will officially be a Disney Princess after its release"

There was a segment on tonights episode of Last Week Tonight with John Oliver where JJ Abrams is directing R2-D2 on a small Empire-ish looking set - it was a gag obviously, and hard to tell if R2 and the set were legit - anyone else see it?

There was a segment on tonights episode of Last Week Tonight with John Oliver where JJ Abrams is directing R2-D2 on a small Empire-ish looking set - it was a gag obviously, and hard to tell if R2 and the set were legit - anyone else see it?

Yes it is legit... looks like the same screen used R2 as seen at the closing wrap party.
Episode 7 R2D2 in Action on HBO’s Last Week Tonight with John Oliver starting at 3:30 and 4:03

LastWeekLastNightNov92014d.jpgLastWeekLastNightNov92014.JPGLastWeekLastNightNov92014e.jpgLastWeekLastNightNov92014b.jpgLastWeekLastNightNov92014c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back