Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens

It's ok. Not that any of the other titles are mind blowing by any stretch of the imagination. As long as the movie is good, I don't care so much about the title. I mean, let's face it, the title will only be memorable if the movie is.

Though I have to say, I like Simon Pegg's Title best: The further adventure of Jar Jar Binks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tazmMiuVnro

Last edited:
Re: Star Wars Episode VII

They should just pull out a big middle finger and label this one as IV lol. It would absolutely never happen, but I would laugh.
I'd be all for making this one episode IV as long as the retroactively change the OT to I, II, and III.

My brother posted on FB that he had his money on Star Wars: The Next Jediration :p

so, Its growing on me.. seems dull but something more exciting like Star Wars: the power of the Force (ya already used for toys) or Ignite the Force or even just Star Wars: Awaken the Force seems a bit more "exciting" than The Force Awakens... but its fine.
I'm sure they went through a lot of title ideas though and this does suggest as others have thought that the force or the teaching of it lay dormant for some reason hence the early rumor of "the Search for Luke Skywalker"
if you consider this a sequel to return of the Jedi it's a continuation of Luke's adventure. "Pass on what you've learned..." So, did he? Will he? Can he handle it? Are there others? I think it speaks volumes about the back story of what's been happening for 30 years after battle at Endor. Lots of civil war and where is luke? Where are the Jedi? Where is the force?

In context the title will work. I mean A New Hope? what kind of lame title is that? :D

Say the title, but pause for a second after saying "The Force" and then say "Awakens"

Star Wars, the Force...Awakens.

Sounds better and more, menacing, to me. Gives me more of a feeling that something is stirring and major is about to happen.

hqdefault_zps32978773.jpg

I have mixed feelings about the latest Luke rumor. Initial thoughts are positive and a feeling of a cool twist and a reasonable arc for the character... but, when I really think about it - it just seems like it's missing something.

Vader/Anakin was meant to be the chosen one. His virgin birth, the prophecy and all that... Luke becoming more powerful than his Dadddy, just takes away from just how powerful Vader was meant to be.

Luke's blood/midichlorian's has been "diluted." While we may never truly know the story behind Anakin's conception/birth... I don't think it's unreasonable to believe that Luke (and Leia) wouldn't be quite as powerful due to their "human" mother.

I think it might be a little less than Anakin, but it's still more power than any other Jedi that lived. That's why they were a threat to the Emperor. I think it will turn out that Luke has fulfilled Anakin's potential.

I think the title will grow on people. I also think the Awakens part refers to the Jedi coming back, not necessarily the Dark Side putting it to sleep.

Good title, as others have mentioned: it's still in the same vein as the other episodes (check that box). Trailer is coming in December (I figure Xmas) to put all of our collective knickers in a very tight knot:D...and no lens flare (I have a bet going with a friend and I have $100 in it!)

I like it, its better than I expected and doesn't offend... Its a good generic SW title

Who cares as long as its good,

I think the title is fitting with the plot rumours we have heard so far ...

I think it might be more an original Poster reference.
OK.. That explains the choice. However, the font reminds me a bit too much of the fonts used for the Star Trek movie posters in the '80s.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back