Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Where do you see Rey wearing a henley in that photo? And the jacket looks black.

rey-star-wars-force-awakens-build-open-everyone-tumblr_nnio82dcmt1tdfi16o1_1280-jpg-471008d1430312135

^ Right there, under her garbs and such. And I don't know about it looking black, maybe it's just my monitor.

Yeah, I noticed some weirdness with Chewie's eyes early on and have been trying to figure out just what is "off". It was initially decided it might stem from an ill fitting mask hastily put on for "behind the scenes" shots (the Iger pic and the Force for Change bit) but I'm thinking this is how he really looks in the movie. I think it might possibly be a combination of seeing a stunt double's eyes (instead of Mayhew's distinctive blue eyes) and I think the eye holes themselves might be too small, which throws things off a bit? Apart from the eyes, I think the mask is a home run though. I think everything else looks good and it looks far better than the weird "droopy mouth" Chewie of ROTS. This one looks more consistent to his look in the OT, particularly ANH.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what comes out of the Vanity Fair article. Also interesting to see our main cast all but confirmed here, if past covers are anything to judge by. Kinda surprised not to see Poe Dameron included but I suspected Luke and Leia might be more in the background. I remember getting the Ep.I Vanity Fair back in '98 and being enthralled by the informative article and incredible pics. Hopefully this will be more of the same!

Please watch the OT and tell me Chewie looked exactly the same in each movie and his eyes looked exactly the same in every single shot he is in. (They didn't) I love it how the OT gets built in immunity from everything. If only there had been an internet back in those days. You could only make out the color of Chewie's eyes unless the camera gave him a pretty close shot.

Please watch the OT and tell me Chewie looked exactly the same in each movie and his eyes looked exactly the same in every single shot he is in. (They didn't) I love it how the OT gets built in immunity from everything. If only there had been an internet back in those days. You could only make out the color of Chewie's eyes unless the camera gave him a pretty close shot.

Actually, yeah, he looked more or less the same, besides his hair becoming more tousled as the trilogy went along. In fact, I think the same mask was used in all 3 films, but I may be mistaken on that.

I think they used more than one mask and i cannot see the color of Mayhews eyes in every Chewie shot.

Pretty sure I've read about it but no longer recall now. I very well may be wrong on that. I do seem to recall someone (Mayhew?) talking about how the suit stunk for the rest of the OT after getting wet in the garbage masher scenes. That would imply just one suit was worn but again, that might be apocryphal.

In the case of the ST, I think it's more the shape of the eye holes than it is the eye color. Maybe it's just darker eyeliner they're using! Lol! It's really a minor thing anyway. It actually looks better in the high res pic above and frankly, something as minor as that could be explained away by older age or something!

Last edited:
The Adam Driver shot made my day. I love that guy on "Girls" - he's the stand out actor from that show. So stoked to see him unmasked... hope this means there's a lof of him without that mask in the flick.

As a fan of the actor, I hope this is a role that cements him as one of the best bad guys in movies - not another "Darth Maul", who does next to nothing and has little personality.

Last edited:
The Adam Driver shot made my day. I love that guy on Girls, he's the stand out actor from that show. So stoked to see him unmasked... hope this means there's a lof of him, without that mask in the flick.

As a fan of the actor, I hope this is a role that cements him as one of the best bad guys in movies - not another "Darth Maul", who does next to nothing and has little personality.

Here's hoping Mr. Ren survives beyond one movie!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back