Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

The folks in the weathering department have really earned their keep; the Falcon is worn and greasy in every spot that she's supposed to be... This is phenomenal and I want to see more!!

I saw that and I had to chuckle. But wouldn't it have been funny if they had used an old Falcon model kit instead? A model that was originally kit bashed being used as a greebly on a full sized model, there's a certain symmetry to that as well as irony.

Ha that would be awesome, I wouldn't be suprised if they've done that somewhere actually :)

View attachment 378250here is what they used on the Falcon.

Well done Battlestar, that's the first kitpart nailed, what's next? ;)

What an amazing piece of video! Every time I see, read, or hear a piece of Episode 7 news I still feel shocked that this is all happening, what a great time to be a Star Wars fan!

The only reason I could see him doing this is for long tracking shots, a la goodfellas...
I can't think of too many Star Wars fans who wouldn't be happy to see a tracking shot of Han and Leia, Chewbacca, or whoever, having a conversation (or an argument) as they approach the Falcon, walk up the ramp, and through the interior hallways to the cockpit in one uncut take. :D

I can't think of too many Star Wars fans who wouldn't be happy to see a tracking shot of Han and Leia, Chewbacca, or whoever, having a conversation (or an argument) as they approach the Falcon, walk up the ramp, and through the interior hallways to the cockpit in one uncut take. :D

Exactly. It would take your breath away.

Ben

Can you imagine if the first shot of the falcon is to follow Han running from storm troopers? And in one shot, we follow him into a hanger, up the ramp and into the cockpit? It doesn't need to be an obscenely long take, but just take us from the hanger and into hyperdrive.

So the tumbler was my wife and I's "Engagement Photo" car... (we kept getting harassed about when I was getting engagement photos... so we took a bunch with the tumbler, and sent them out as our set. Saddly, my mother didn't frame one as promised)

Anyway, I've always been looking for a good tumbler to add to our "wedding shelf", and now I think I may know what to get... THAT tumbler, and paint it Falcon colors.

Gotta get it cheap though, so if they ARE going crazy right now, I'll wait until no one cares anymore.

Yeah that's kinda cool as it broke off in ROTJ.Makes for a good merging into EPVII and a nice distinguishing mark from OT to ST.

Ben

That looks so bad.....one would think he would upgrade. Remember cell phones with antennas?

They don't have them anymore. They're internal

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back