Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

I wonder if they will fully skin and detail the whole ship? You can tell in the video that the ship is not finished when we see the rear of the ship. Also in the aerial photos only the starboard side is skinned, painted and detailed.

Yes there is a full build on a sound stage with some complete interiors as well then the half build outside location which is what we see here.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

That's true and that's what I think is coloring everybody's perception of the Empire since we it mostly through the eyes of the Rebellion, we never get to see it from the perspective of the common citizen who more than likely don't know that the Empire is evil and probably wouldn't believe it either if told so. I'm sure that in the eyes of most people the members of the Rebellion were nothing more than a bunch of terrorists, scum, and ne'er do wells looking to destroy the way of life that they enjoy. And I'm sure that in some cases, particularly early on in the rebellion, it was probably true and it's something that I hope to see in Rebels.

At the end he does get on the PA system and say the place has been take over by the empire and encourages everyone to get out.

I think they may have 2 of the Falcons. One complete on a soundstage and another half version for on location shots.

The interior and exterior are def separate sets. I think the cockpit is also a standalone piece. It would appear from the vid that this exterior ship is still too small - just like the original OT version(s). I'm not complaining at all! I've watched the video 100 times already! :)

According to Kevin Smith, the set Falcon that he toured was complete, inside and out.

If that's the case then JJ is being pretty ambitious since I don't think that this is typically the norm when building something so large, it also means that unless there are removable parts to that Falcon exterior JJ is really going to have a challenge on his hands lighting and shooting inside of it.

If that's the case then JJ is being pretty ambitious since I don't think that this is typically the norm when building something so large, it also means that unless there are removable parts to that Falcon exterior JJ is really going to have a challenge on his hands lighting and shooting inside of it.
The only reason I could see him doing this is for long tracking shots, a la goodfellas.

Even so, a structure like that could easily pull segments away so that they can get shots they want.

The one we see in the aerial shots outside could still be components of the studio version

The detail on that full scale ship is simply amazing and gave me goosebumps. SO SO wonderful.

I got chills. I've seen the falcon onscreen a million times over the last 37 years and have never seen it in that detail. Sooo cool.

Well, if a complete Falcon set can be used for many upcoming film projects, likely money well spent. I do think they have a full exterior/interior set of the ship with removable sections for setting camera and lights. And then this 1/2 exterior only for outside shots.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back