Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

Yeah, my brother was born in 1990 when I was 21 and I took him to see Ep.1 and 2 in theaters opening day. He lived them growing up. Now he is 23 and all sorts of crabby towards them! LOL! His generation are so cynical is irritating.

Okay, old fart here--I was 15 years old when Star Wars was released in 1977. Drove myself to the theater even though I didn't have a driver's license yet, and didn't know I was nursing a case of atypical pneumonia (more commonly known as "walking" pneumonia) at the time. Sat through the movie twice (you could get away with that in those days), then spent the next few days sick in bed. Definitely worth it!!!

^That's the kind of determination I like to see in people. None of that wimpy, crying-in-the-corner stuff because someone doesn't have the time right now to be bothered with their trifling "I want to go see Star Wars" kid. Take the damn keys and drive the car yourself!:cheers

In the real-world comparison to Star Wars characters, you'd definitely be an Anakin! :thumbsup

Okay, old fart here--I was 15 years old when Star Wars was released in 1977. Drove myself to the theater even though I didn't have a driver's license yet, and didn't know I was nursing a case of atypical pneumonia (more commonly known as "walking" pneumonia) at the time. Sat through the movie twice (you could get away with that in those days), then spent the next few days sick in bed. Definitely worth it!!!
I see this as a Han Solo stunt :thumbsup

I see this as a Han Solo stunt :thumbsup

Agreed. More "Kessel Run" and less "slaughtering Sandpeople". :lol

But Han would be worried with the consequences, as in having to go back and pay off Jabba because of that snarky price on his head. Anakin would have none of that, at least the Anakin we envisioned BEFORE whiney-brat Anakin was scripted into it all...:rolleyes

But Han would be worried with the consequences, as in having to go back and pay off Jabba because of that snarky price on his head. Anakin would have none of that, at least the Anakin we envisioned BEFORE whiney-brat Anakin was scripted into it all...:rolleyes

Han isn't worried about the consequences until they're right on top of him though. ;)

However "worried" Han might have appeared to be he never actually does go back to Jabba (of his own accord :lol), and he dealt Jabba's minions no quarter when they showed up :thumbsup

However "worried" Han might have appeared to be he never actually does go back to Jabba (of his own accord :lol), and he dealt Jabba's minions no quarter when they showed up :thumbsup

BUT, he wanted to, 'cause he was scared...! It was only coincidental that things turned out in his favor, what with Jedi Luke and hapless 3-PO and R-2 leading things to a successful conclusion on Tatooine and then, onto the Dreaded Death Star, with the San Francisco skyline etched indelibly on the surface of the docking bay where the Emperor hitched his horse...!

Ani would have tried to pick up a hot chick in the process. Big pimping Ani..he's smoother than Billy Dee. I'll say it was Han Style move..Gets the car, saw the movie. smuggled yourself into the next showing. no one caught ya or found out. Dude you shot 1st in my book as well. props you to good sir

Ani would have tried to pick up a hot chick in the process. Big pimping Ani..he's smoother than Billy Dee. I'll say it was Han Style move..Gets the car, saw the movie. smuggled yourself into the next showing. no one caught ya or found out. Dude you shot 1st in my book as well. props you to good sir
well, done... you can add, hot wired his way into the bunker! :D

Anakin (as perceived in the films) is anything but smooth with women. He's a whining, selfish, petulant, murderer, yet for no reason at all Padme falls for him. Other than his looks, he's not much of a hero, and quite honestly not much to love as a character.

At least Han, though dangerous (but to his credit did kill Greedo in self defense- the green guy was about to shoot him), had the sense to realize that there is more to life than saving his own skin and came back to help his friends at the end of Star Wars.

Nothing. haha But this thread has had so many derails, it was addressing Monkey67's post regarding Anakin being "smooth."

now that is awesome! You win this round! I award this post three trooopers and a vader! :lol
I'd like to thank the Jedi Academy, and... :lol

But seriously, thanks. By the time Star Wars hit the theaters I had already read the ghost-written novel, and every article in Famous Monsters of Filmland and Starlog (I wasn't as concerned about spoilers in those days). I was so fired-up to see the movie that there were very few things that would have prevented me from doing just that; thankfully, it did not disappoint. :cool

Ah, so then the question is...

Zombie_61, would you have been worried if a cop pulled you over? ;)
Of course; I'm not a complete moron. :D But that was probably the most "well-behaved" drive I've ever taken...without alcohol, that is. :cool

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back