Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

And for that matter, the prequels probably could have benefitted with some shiny new x-wings in the clone wars (since by ANH they were pretty old and probably bought second hand from a previous war)

Nope, Incom's X-Wings were relatively new and were produced for the Rebellion from the start, iirc.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Nope, Incom's X-Wings were relatively new and were produced for the Rebellion from the start, iirc.

Really? Somehow that's not as interesting to me. Kinda like the ak47 being the symbol of the Taliban, leftover from previous wars

And I would have expected that the imperials would have control over production of all military hardware.

Really? Somehow that's not as interesting to me. Kinda like the ak47 being the symbol of the Taliban, leftover from previous wars

And I would have expected that the imperials would have control over production of all military hardware.

Well the T-65 X-Wing was initially meant for the Empire but the entire Incom design-team defected to the Alliance and took the plans with them, according to wookieepedia.

You mean the AK being the symbol of rebellion and insurrection the world over. Btw, the AK being used now a days by most people are more than likely not the AK-47 but probably the AK-74 or AKM. The AK-47 stopped being produced and used decades ago to be replaced by other very similar looking models of AK. I know that it has nothing to do with the topic but it's a bit of pet peeve of mine to hear AK-47 always being thrown about as if there is no other model of AK out there.

You mean the AK being the symbol of rebellion and insurrection the world over. Btw, the AK being used now a days by most people are more than likely not the AK-47 but probably the AK-74 or AKM. The AK-47 stopped being produced and used decades ago to be replaced by other very similar looking models of AK. I know that it has nothing to do with the topic but it's a bit of pet peeve of mine to hear AK-47 always being thrown about as if there is no other model of AK out there.
Very cool. And totally fascinating.

I remember reading at one point that there was a certain point in the Iraq war that they started seeing american weapons sporadically being used by the insurgents. War is crazy

A pet peeve of mine as well. I love how people assume that I mean 47 whenever I say 74, like I'm dyslexic or something...lol. The 74 is my favorite variant, I own 2 of them. Any way, back to SW 7 news and speculation...

Considering the AK-47 was the single most reliable weapon ever produced and became the de facto currency of the communist revolution worldwide supplied to anyone who would take up arms for the cause, I'd say there's probably quite a few still in service. In some parts of the world they can be had for as little as $12 American.

Isn't that the gun those two guys had that wore the body armor, robbed a bank and shot up all those cops? I remember a tv movie being made about it. The real life footage was intense. I'd like to find that on Youtube but really have no idea what to search for.

Isn't that the gun those two guys had that wore the body armor, robbed a bank and shot up all those cops? I remember a tv movie being made about it. The real life footage was intense. I'd like to find that on Youtube but really have no idea what to search for.

They did use an AK but that doesn't mean it was an AK-47, it was more than likely an AKM or AK-74 variant. Like I said previously, the AK-47, while probably the best known of the AK family, hasn't been used in ages, the AKM replaced it in service fairly shortly after the it was adopted; sort of like how we didn't use the M-14 for very long before we replaced it with the M-16.

Yeah and I doubt the films will address the age of X-wings.

Probably not, no. So we're allowed to believe whatever we want to. My stance is that all the "old" post-RotJ stuff can and WILL be invalidated by the new canon, but everything prior to that movie which ISN'T expressively adressed in the new canon can still be valide.

Probably not, no. So we're allowed to believe whatever we want to. My stance is that all the "old" post-RotJ stuff can and WILL be invalidated by the new canon, but everything prior to that movie which ISN'T expressively adressed in the new canon can still be valide.

Agreed, although there is always a chance a novel, comic book, animated or tv series, or even stand alone film could be easily dropped into that era to fill in some gaps which would usurp the EU content.

Would love to see more ewoks :) Personally I'd prefer these new films just sort of pretend that the prequels never existed haha.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back