Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

Joe Johnston would have been perfect for the job. A bit disappointed to hear that Abrams is directing, but I'm not totally against it. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

And someone at Lucasfilm and/or Disney must be aware that there was significant online backlash against JJ's vision of Trek.

In all fairness, in this day and age there's significant online backlash against everything because a small group of d-bags have nothing better to do than sit in a dark basement and ***** about every movie and TV show they see. JJ's Star Trek reboot was pretty much universally praised by critics and outside of Whedon(and maybe Joe Johnston) I can't think of anyone else better equipped to take on this franchise.

In all fairness, in this day and age there's significant online backlash against everything because a small group of d-bags have nothing better to do than sit in a dark basement and ***** about every movie and TV show they see. JJ's Star Trek reboot was pretty much universally praised by critics and outside of Whedon(and maybe Joe Johnston) I can't think of anyone else better equipped to take on this franchise.

I certainly don't disagree. But surely they don't want to flub the handling of Star Wars. They must know that the prequels were not exactly warmly received by many fans, and that if they want to keep Star Wars a profitable property for them, they can't flub it.

I'm hugely disappointed, nay, unbelievably floored, that they couldn't find any other director other that Abrams to direct Star Wars.
What a total bloody joke. Total joke!
Who thinks JJ's the golden boy anyway? His movies are SOOOOO average.
Wow.

I think JJ is over rated. I like some of his stuff but the fan worship I never understood. And I though Lost sucked.

Thank you !
I agree with you 1000%

I guess we'll here some BS now from JJ about how he's 'such a fan of the franchise'

Thank you !
I agree with you 1000%

I guess we'll here some BS now from JJ about how he's 'such a fan of the franchise'

who isn't a fan of the franchise? JJ Abrams was 12 years old when Star WArs came out... I'm sure he really is a fan of the franchise just like the rest of us! :lol

Someone asked about music and if someone else would do it. Well until John Williams is dead, I don't think anyone else should be doing the movie score for a SW movie.

I'm hugely disappointed, nay, unbelievably floored, that they couldn't find any other director other that Abrams to direct Star Wars.
What a total bloody joke. Total joke!
Who thinks JJ's the golden boy anyway? His movies are SOOOOO average.
Wow.

OK, big Hollywood executive, let's hear your perfect choice for director.

First he ruins Star Trek, now he's going to ruin Star Wars? I'll pass. Hell, I'd take the prequels over a Abrams-directed Star Wars movie.

Wow, a lot of whining going on since the news.. At least it isn't George!

I say give him a chance.. If he blows the first one then you all can *****.
But for now... We really don't have any say. Even though some members
think what they write will impact any decisions.

As l long as Jar Jar isn't in it, I'm okay with JJ having a go!

Wow, a lot of whining going on since the news.. At least it isn't George!

I say give him a chance.. If he blows the first one then you all can *****.
But for now... We really don't have any say. Even though some members
think what they write will impact any decisions.

As l long as Jar Jar isn't in it, I'm okay with JJ having a go!

Before it's over with, people will be begging for George Lucas to come back, and it will have nothing whatsoever to do with J.J. Abrams' directing...

I think it's perfectly acceptable to not be interested in JJ Abrams directing but completely unreasonable to not think he will do a good job.

If it's a good film, I will be happy.
If it's an average film, I will be indifferent.
If it's a crap film, I will be irritated.

Until I actually see it, I'm withholding judgement.

Isn't JJ good at keeping spoilers from leaking? That is gonna drive you guys NUTS.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back