Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

Ok, I'm gonna say it. I WOULD LOVE FOR EWAN MCGREGOR TO COME BACK AS OBI WAN. there I said it. But as his ghost (obviously). Put some aging makeup on him to make him look like Alec Guiness. Luke rebuilding the Jedi Order would obviously need some assistance, so it's logical that Obi Wan's ghost will have stuck around. (in addition to Yoda???)

I think McGregor would be cool to have back as Obi but has anyone told Samuel L Jackson that his character is dead and not needed?

I think McGregor would be cool to have back as Obi but has anyone told Samuel L Jackson that his character is dead and not needed?

1.) I dont remember seeing Mace die on screen. Just flew out a window. Who knows what happened after that?

2.) Who says he has to be alive in order to be shown in the new films? Obi-wan died in Star Wars, but he was still in Empire and Jedi.

I think it would be awesome if they brought Mace back. Luke could use some badassness in his Jedi training.

I can sort of agree that EM coming back and aging him to look like AG would be cool to see I'd rather them use computer tech to actually bring back AG. I don't see the point of bringing back almost every Jedi though, it takes away from the deaths. I mean remember how cool it was when Luke heard Obi 's voice or he turned up in ESB, if every Jedi starts turning up its pointless.

Or make episode 7 about force ghosts

I don't think they dare.

Why not? This obviously is only my opinion, but it was a mistake to include him to begin with, "just because he asked to be in it". He's not an actor of the caliber needed for that part. That's not saying he's not a good actor at what he's "good" at, it just wasn't Star Wars. Generally speaking, Americans as a whole seem to fail a bit at parts that require proper and formal English, English with no contractions like the sort spoken by the British upper class. As a people, we are just far too laid back and practical to be given to that sort of tedium, but it comes extremely naturally to someone like an Alec Guinness, and that's why he was perfect for his part. Sam Jackson, not so much...:unsure I found myself embarrassed for him in his attempts.

I think Ewan McGregor could work... If the writing is good. (Read as "If it is not written, inspired, or consulted by George Lucas.")

(Read as "If it is not written, inspired, or consulted by George Lucas.")
So, you want fan drivel?

Inspired and consulted by Lucas has worked very, very well in the past. Even written by, if another writer is brought in to do a rewrite or fix things has worked.

Star Wars is nothing without Lucas.

Yeah, the real question is not Lucas' involvement, but rather the DEGREE of involvement. Lucas is an AWESOME idea guy. It's where he's working all on his own or insisting his vision be met that you get problems. Working in collaboration? Where other people take his ideas and run with 'em? He can be an absolute genius in that situation.

Star Wars WAS great with George. He got rusty when he came back to do the others. It's better that he takes the back seat now.

Sure, Star Wars is nothing without Lucas because it wouldn't exist without him. Just let him be the idea guy and one to flesh out the characters, but let someone else tell it.

Would you rather hear a story read by Tom Cruise or Morgan Freeman? Some people can just tell stories better than others. Spielberg has always had a gift for telling a good story through motion picture. Lucas has grand ideas and great characters, but I don't feel he knows how to tell these stories effectively.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back