Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release) (Use Spoiler Tags)

Hey! Maybe Disney can do Special Editions for Ep.1-3. They could cut out silly CGI characters and replace them with better CGI visuals. Give use a more menacing droid army, redesign Jar Jar and the Gungans and give them new voice overs. It wouldn't completely fix the pictures but any little bit would help.

Personally I like what I see,Stormtroopers! yes!! also I love the lightsaber,hate me I don't care.

That said I can toss a few guesses based on the trailer so here goes:

The sith guy/gal maybe that's not in the present time but something from long ago? maybe thousands of years ago?

It's also possible that the new sith is being guided by a long dead sith lord and maybe that saber is something they get lead to and it's an old,old thing.

The way the voice over talks....sounds like maybe Luke just canned the Jedi and now thirty some years on there's an awakening on both sides and things are starting up again no matter if anybody wants it to or not-I think I spoke here many posts ago of a what if the Jedi get banned on account of their screw up in the clone wars and the ensuing mess of Vader/the Emperor?

Another possibility if it's a long dead sith guiding the new bad guy....what if it's someone so old that they don't follow "the rule of two" and it's going to be a whole frigging sith army this time around?

Lastly....does anybody else hear something in the last few seconds of the trailer? I swear I do.

I like everything I read on there, appart from Disney interfering with the story, considering how much they seem to stand off from the marvel films and let them do there own thing, I would hope they would do the same for star wars.

... if we are talking about the Bespin saber, it’s not only a “lightsabre [that] comes from Luke Skywalker” - that same lightsaber was also owned by Anakin Skywalker and was used by him at the time he turned to Darth Vader. So for someone interested in artifacts that directly related to Darth Vader, this item would be somewhat of a holy grail (though, again, I don’t see any need for it from a “gaining a special power” perspective...

If this is in fact the plot of the story... the Bespin Saber... This is just me thinking out loud... "I have a bad feeling about this". But as always, we won't know until we're sitting our theater seats.

EDIT: If it's just an artifact and there are no "special powers" then... ok... lol ;)

I have to admit, if Luke sees his old saber... that would be a VERY COOL scene!

Last edited:

Right, because every photocopied page of script ever has been exactly line up so the font is perfectly horizontal.

Imagine if JJ succeeds and eclipses all of our (and his) expectations. - I wonder what it would feel like to hand that project over to another director for the second and third film...

glunark. Of course it is likely not true, but it has been a fun read. He has definitely succeeded in peaking my interest and building the hype. I'm having loads of fun talking about this with my friends and family, in addition to trying to find out who Sydow is playing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Darth Unknown Identity

Thats who I heard it was...Brianna Tar from Game Of Thrones...big amazonian type..would be perfect though never seen G O T myself, so googled her and she looks imposing and strong...nice touch JJ

Yeah the thing that sucks about those leaks, is they are REALLY good ideas.

I would actually enjoy a movie based on what I've read there.

Hey! Maybe Disney can do Special Editions for Ep.1-3. They could cut out silly CGI characters and replace them with better CGI visuals. Give use a more menacing droid army, redesign Jar Jar and the Gungans and give them new voice overs. It wouldn't completely fix the pictures but any little bit would help.

The Clones and Sith were were shot in 1080p HD (what was lucas thinking?) so that wouldn't be too hard.

Sadly no matter what is done, Clones and Sith can never look visually as good as the OT & Phantom Menace which were filmed -- provided those 4 were re-scanned in 4k.

SUPER SPOILER: The cast memebers of Lost were dreaming the Force Awakens.

JJ. Abrams redeems the Lost series......?

Regarding 4chan spoilers pt. 2

Didn't they claim that Lupita Nyong’o’s character was trained under Luke in spoiler 1? Now in pt. 2 they say

"Luke has trained seven Jedi since Endor, two of whom surface in the third act. It is unknown whether Lupita Nyong’o’s character is included in this distinction."

Also "Spoilerman" said he didn't want to spoil any of the third act in his first post, but has given away some of the plot points in pt. 2.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back