Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

I thought the Force was supposed to be awoken in Return of the Jedi. Anakin is to destroy the Sith and BAM! Force is all balanced and better... What was the point of the prophecy again?

Jimmy Mac at RebelForce Radio also tweeted that they will not use Episode VII in the title, so no more numbering similar to Marvel.

Well, it was confusing to those of us that saw a movie just called Star Wars that then became Episide 4. We were collective like WTF? ;)

Re awaken would make more sense...

Don't like it atm...

Whatever it's called BRING ON THE TEASER DAMNIT!!!!!

Good choice of title. Opens the narrative up by effectively allowing something significant to happen ,and lets be honest, after so much discussion about the nature of the Force, its a brave decision to make. My faith in this ,as ever, grows stronger.

I don't care for it; it's clunky. But I loathed TPM and AOTC and now they just seem natural. I'm sure it'll grow on me. Not sure about losing the VII though...that seems to remove it from the broader arc of the storyline, making it feel more like a spinoff and not part of a connected tale. I hope EVII is in the CRAWL still at least. Then I'll be ok with it not being in the "official" title.

I'm fine with the title. Honestly I was going to be happy with anything that wasn't "Return of Jar-Jar" or "Rise of the Ewoks". ;)

It makes sense to drop the numerals, given Disney's plan about putting out films that aren't "main continuity" films. It's better for the brand if it's ALL "Star Wars," and the only difference is who is the focus of the film, rather than "Ok, THESE are the REAL Star Wars movies, and those others are the knock-off side story throwaway crap."

Also, the Force will happily awaken, right after it's had some coffee. Do NOT talk to the Force before it's had it's coffee, though. It's a total Sith.

Leland also tweeted that the OT films in their official titles didn't gave the nvers but they were in the crawl, so I bet the EpVII will be on screen.

The title just feels like EU or Fan Fic kinda stuff - doesn't have the same "clunky" feeling as the others. (And I say "clunky" in a loving, nostalgic, retro way).

I disagree.

I think KEEP the Numerals for the main movies...

And Titles only for the side story random character, random time period movies.

Or else it WILL be confusing for the casual movie goer...

(Why is obiwan back alive? Is it his son? Is this epX?)

It makes sense to drop the numerals, given Disney's plan about putting out films that aren't "main continuity" films. It's better for the brand if it's ALL "Star Wars," and the only difference is who is the focus of the film, rather than "Ok, THESE are the REAL Star Wars movies, and those others are the knock-off side story throwaway crap."

Also, the Force will happily awaken, right after it's had some coffee. Do NOT talk to the Force before it's had it's coffee, though. It's a total Sith.

It makes sense when you go back to the OT era. ESB was marketed as STAR WARS The Empure Strikes Back with no Ep. V on posters or TV ads.

They may want to start a chronology of some kind with the Marvel movies, too. Being there's getting to be upward of 20 titles, new generations are gonna want to know what happened when and where since they all exist in the same world.

I agree with Star Wars keeping the episode numbers.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back