Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

I kinda liked the Holiday Special. Of course, I grew up watching those old variety shows. I'd rather watch Bea Arthur than jarjar any day.
ya, I did too. Carol Burnett, Hee Haw Shields and Yarnell etc... still, that clip proves why the holiday special was a disaster... drawn out unrelated tripe that had nothing to do with the advancement of even that show's storyline... boring and silly. I was 10 and I to this day recall being totally embarrassed by it and telling my parents it was nothing like the "real star wars movie" :D I watched it for the original actors, seeing stormtroopers and the droids again but hated the wookie family... and boy did Harrison Ford live up to his professional status by acting and not just phoning it all in... he was a real trooper to put up with the crap he had to do. :D thank goodness for Topps bubblegum cards to keep the film alive for me over the years of no VHS, bootlegs, or television rebroadcasts of the film... those were the dark times. :D

He was programmed to only recognize Mos Espa; the jawas tricked him and kicked him off the sandcrawler in Mos Eisley. Darn little things...:devil

LOL! I can just hear the dialog he was muttering now.... " mos... Eisely? Mos... Espiessly? Mos Eispa? does not make sense.. does not compute... Mos.... Eisleepa?"

LOL! I can just hear the dialog he was muttering now.... " mos... Eisely? Mos... Espiessly? Mos Eispa? does not make sense.. does not compute... Mos.... Eisleepa?"

I know! :lol He wasn't the brightest star in the sky for sure!

SofaKing01 said:
Not sure if this has been discussed... Will Leia have a light saber?

Should she? I think locked away in her weapons cabinet, yes.

For some reason a few people seem to be in denial that Leia would become a Jedi post ROTJ. Even though they pretty much tell you that's going to happen with the Luke/Leia Endor dialogue.

that's the rumors/speculation... anyone can edit the IMDB database if you know how or there is someone with stolen code.... having said that it would only make sense... we've already seen Jango unchain...er-helmeted... and he is the clone donor for Boba... l like Temuera and he is a good actor so I think he could pull it off. I just don't know that Boba Fett as a character can carry an entire 2 hour film. would have to be a great story.. maybe have a few other OT cameos such as Jabba the Hutt... maybe even do a meet up encounter with young Han/Chewie, which could then lead to the Han/Chewie spinoff... being the Falcon is already built I would think they would want to take advantage of that set being there is so little turn around time for these new films... new film every 12 months!

He is a good actor in other things, overdubbing his flat monotonous voice killed Boba in Empire more effectively than the Sarlac ever could.

Considering the age of Harrison Ford and Mark Hammill, if Boba was around the same age as them, I would rather he be played by Danny Trejo.

For some reason a few people seem to be in denial that Leia would become a Jedi post ROTJ. Even though they pretty much tell you that's going to happen with the Luke/Leia Endor dialogue.

I don't think she will be, at least not a full on Jedi. That's an EU conceit. I would not be surprised in the slightest if the film comes up with a more nuanced version of Leia 30 years later.

I don't think she will be, at least not a full on Jedi. That's an EU conceit. I would not be surprised in the slightest if the film comes up with a more nuanced version of Leia 30 years later.

I agree. Ep. VI does suggest that she will learn to develop her abilities, but nothing says that she will become a Jedi. I have no problem with her having enhanced abilities in Ep7, or even becoming a Jedi if the story supports it well. You just can't assume that she will automatically be a Jedi because The Force is strong in her family.

Last edited:

Yeah, and although Luke implied she would learn to use the Force in ROTJ, she seemed somewhat ambivalent about it. I think she would put more focus in her family and political life then learning to be a Jedi.

Ok, a question to you "Liea isnt a Jedi" types, do you think a normal human female would have the strength to strangle Jabba?

Ok, a question to you "Liea isnt a Jedi" types, do you think a normal human female would have the strength to strangle Jabba?

I think you miss the point. Nowhere in the films is Leia a Jedi. Being Force sensitive, or having some Force abilities does not make one a Jedi.

Luke had abilities, but wasn't a Jedi...until he was trained to be one. In becoming a Jedi you must receive training, all of the films make this clear.

In the films, Leia has received no training, thus is not a Jedi.

It is that simple.

However, I don't deny that Leia (unknowingly?) called upon Force abilities to kill Jabba.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back