Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

There was a great deal of exposition regarding the very nature if the Force, and not just the whole midiclorine thing, that was created in the PT and expanded on in the CW. These elements are likely to find their way into the ST.

I think a lot of things could be referenced from the PT - doesn't mean they will though.

If things start up in sort of a civil war (whether beginning middle or end), you can have references to 'the last time', 'why should we trust the jedi, they blew it before', establishing the seat of the new republic on corscuant, seeing the jedi temple (or not), finding old ships/data/etc....there are plenty of ways to reference it. Doesn't mean you're flashing back or etching any but broad strokes, but still. The story of the PT wasn't bad, but the execution left a lot to be desired. Doesn't mean you shoot everything else flatly ignoring it - though you could. Depends on what the story calls for and i'd imagine whatever the story, it'll call for a little reference here and there.

Sure they can acknowledge the PT. Why, the opening scene of Ep VII could be the Death Star mk III destroying the Gungan homeworld for example....... :D

I think a lot of things could be referenced from the PT - doesn't mean they will though.

If things start up in sort of a civil war (whether beginning middle or end), you can have references to 'the last time', 'why should we trust the jedi, they blew it before', establishing the seat of the new republic on corscuant, seeing the jedi temple (or not), finding old ships/data/etc....there are plenty of ways to reference it. Doesn't mean you're flashing back or etching any but broad strokes, but still. The story of the PT wasn't bad, but the execution left a lot to be desired. Doesn't mean you shoot everything else flatly ignoring it - though you could. Depends on what the story calls for and i'd imagine whatever the story, it'll call for a little reference here and there.

That presumes there's anything like a Jedi Order or even just itinerant Jedi wandering about the galaxy. It's just as possible that the Jedi Order was never reconstituted and that hardly any Jedi have been trained since the end of the last war.

I think we really have to abandon anything we thought was true about the future of the Star Wars universe after ROTJ, or at least treat nothing as a given. I know this is difficult (for me as well, at times) given the wealth of material that post-dates ROTJ, but we really just can't assume anything is true after the elimination of the EU as canon.

I'm surprised that nobody has posted this already but the Chive.com has posted a bunch of leaked photos from the set of Ep. VII. Nothing ground breaking, just a bunch of extras on a desert world but it does show the sets, at least this one, are going to be largely practical.

Leaked Photos of Star Wars: Episode VII (25 Photos) : theCHIVE

Even though we have seen most of those before, do you think they went out of their way to make one of those extras look a bit like Vader?

I did wonder about those. Even in a new hope people were saying R2 was old and beat up, maybe he is obsolete now, and these are the new style R3s or something?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah the chest box is very Vader.

There are other extras with gas/dust masks too, I wonder if at some point there will be a fake out, where something thinks Vader is coming, but it turns out to be just some guy coming in from a sand storm.

Wow, that's cool!

And I confirmed it in an earlier post 5 days ago.

I can tell you that the new Stormtroopers look really cool. Even though they have been updated, you know what they are the minute you see them.

The story of the PT wasn't bad, but the execution left a lot to be desired.

^This is so very true. I actually enjoyed the political intrigue and plotting, I just think it was told in a childish kind of way. The entire prequel trilogy should have been more "adult" and less pandering to children. Anakin should have been something like fifteen or sixteen when he was discovered. But I thoroughly digress as this has all been hashed both tirelessly and tiringly before... :/

And it's a foregone conclusion that these will be people in tangible costumes, not cg proxies poorly matched to human heads...! :)

Since my record is good so far, I also want to mention that I saw what I think is a Snowtrooper as well.

I wasn't going to mention it at all because I wasn't sure, but I just saw a main character's costume ( I can't tell you whom) that indicates there may be a snow or cold environment in the next film.

Since my record is good so far, I also want to mention that I saw what I think is a Snowtrooper as well.

I wasn't going to mention it at all because I wasn't sure, but I just saw a main character's costume ( I can't tell you whom) that indicates there may be a snow or cold environment in the next film.

I certainly hope there won't be a cold environment in Ep. VII because between the desert environment and now a snow/cold environment it sounds like JJ & co. are out to make a Stars Wars paint by numbers movie by incorporating every element that we saw in the OT into this new one. Desert environment/Tattooine, check; snow & ice world/Hoth, check; stormtroopers, check. I really hope that we're not going to get reports of them doing an Endor forest like world as well because that will really confirm my paint by numbers suspicions.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back