Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

Decisions will always be made in the interest of Disney stock holders. Lucasfilm wasn't a public traded company before. They essentially are now.

The-Black-Night-monty-python-and-the-holy-grail-591472_800_441.jpg

If the saber was crudely divided into 5 sections, it looks like brushed and lightly polished spun aluminum on the bottom, center grip, and emitter. Satin grey finish on the guards above and below the grip.
With Doug Chiang and Iain McHaig designing stuff again ... does it look like a metal penis?
The penile influences in some lightsabers in the prequels were pretty apparent, although somewhat less in the crafted props than in the concept art. I wouldn't like to see that again.

With Doug Chiang and Iain McHaig designing stuff again ... does it look like a metal penis?
The penile influences in some lightsabers in the prequels were pretty apparent, although somewhat less in the crafted props than in the concept art. I wouldn't like to see that again.

What...? :facepalm

That reminded me of Jediscout's story about someone going to her house, seeing her lightsaber collection, and then asking if they were vibrators. :lol

I liked both of those guys' designs, I just wish they had made each Jedi's lightsaber unique instead of using variations of the same parts for all of them.

What...? :facepalm
It is more obvious if you look at the Episode 1 concept art, and it is hard to notice the details in the final props unless you specifically search for them.
I am not the least bit ashamed of having my lightsaber collection on display at home for visitors to see.
Still, I find the designers to have been too pubertal.. but it is far from the first time that genitals have inspired movie props.

Doug Chiang is a designer on EP7? Oh no......his production paintings always seemed static and dull...i never got his stuff, and i never think he truly got Star Wars.....of course, Lucas could be blamed for that too.

On the other hand, i think Ian McCaig was a genius.....

Well, i guess i'll wait and see.

Rich

What Rich said. But I like Doug´s book "Robota" and his other art. Although I love McQ´s art, it, too, felt very static to me. Very technical, but that is of course easily explained.
What irks me more is that Doug Chiang, contrary to McQ´s background, has no training in real life engineering, which made a lot of his vehicles too "graphic design"-y. I do wonder how the designs are going to look in the new movies. The slicker X-Wing may or may not be a first hint at how things are going to look.

Any oblong shape can look like a penis if you look long and hard enough. I will stand by that quote until the day I die.

"Hey, sally, you think that plumbing stack kinda looks like a penis?"
"Hey your water bottle kinda looks like a penis."
"Hey, you seen those new lightsabers? Cuz they kinda look like a penis."

Last edited:

Did Doug design the Naboo fighter & the Jedi Starfighter?

Artoo with a telescopic neck.....but what happened to the rest of his body?

N-1_Sternjäger_Riss.jpg

I'd like to know where the rest of Artoo goes to when he's in a Jedi Starfighter,...perhaps some inter-dimentional space warp pocket;

Star_Wars_Jedi_Starfighter_4_by_TequilaBill.jpg

J

Last edited:

I can't believe this thread has derailed into how props might seem phallic... they always looked like flashlights to me as a kid so.... maybe I don't look for pervertedness in a family movie.. sure I snicker and notice if it really looks like one but a lightsaber does not.

back on topic....

Carrie Fisher's daughter Billie Lourd is rumored to have a part in the film. (Mark Hamill's son Nathan was an extra as a back ground naboo guard in Phantom Menace so it may be nothing more than that...) if it is a larger part then fine... as long as she can act. :p ) she doesn't even have an IMDB listing so don't know if she is even in the business to begin with.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back