Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

Ugh. It feels a bit too much "expanded universe"-y for my taste. I hope they are going t spice things up with some more character driven story parts. I´d love to see a good surprise in this one. Not a "what? palps is darth sidious?"-experience, please :p

But hey, if I could, I´d have already booked my theatre tickets :p

Maybe we can shoot all his scenes where he's sitting and/or laying down? :S

As funny as it sounds it entirely outside the realm of possibility. With a little creative reorganizing of the shooting schedule they could move up all of his sitting/lying scenes along with any of him just standging up in the schedule and do everything else with him later in the schedule. Either that or they can simply reframe some scenes so that they only show him from around the knees up and not walking or running, sort of like what they do with pregnant actresses when their characters aren't supposed to be pregnant. Of course, if Lucas was still involved and directing he would just CG the cast/brace out as well as fix his limp or hobble. :D

I actually hope this pushes the release back and slows the filming down a bit. Taking more time is almost always a good thing.

Maybe we can shoot all his scenes where he's sitting and/or laying down? :S

Wasn't Peter Cushing in SW only shot from the waist up because the boots hurt and he wouldn't wear them? I think so. Also Spielberg shot around Ford when he got hurt on ToD and Coppola did it with Marty Sheen when he had a heart attack on Apocalypse Now.

Since I doubt Han is going to be getting into hand-to-hand combat like ROTJ, or chasing and being chased by stormtroopers a la A New Hope, clever scheduling and clever blocking could eliminate a lot of delays.

There are so many ancillary elements which are in motion based on the Dec. date that it is in stone at tis point.

It's all fun and games until Batman vs Superman and Captain America 3 move their release dates to December 18, 2015 release date.

There could very well be a bunch of talking scene elements they could be shooting with Harrison that don't require much movement on his part they will probably film.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back