Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

I'm just glad they aren't using that stupid S7ar Wars logo that was floating around the net a while back. KEEP IT CLASSIC!!!

There is nothing that says that isn't Tatooine. They are in the desert anyway, and multiple desert locations all over the world were used to portray Tatooine in previous films.

It's not a law that they HAVE to shoot Tatooine only in Tunisia. Abu has a more painted, dramatic look...maybe the director wanted a more romantic vision? Or maybe it's a different region of the planet we haven't seen before? Whatever the reason, I'd bet it's Tatooine. Mostly because, unless they intend to tint the dunes purple ala Star Trek V, prety much EVERY moviegoer is going to associate sand dunes with "that desert planet Luke is from". We may be nerds, but to a large portion of the audience, a new desert planet would be confusing.

If I remember correctly, didn't they do pickup shots for ANH in Death Valley?

uploadfromtaptalk1400268902074.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Seeing that pic and knowing that another SW film is now officially underway gave me nerd chills. :cool

I know, right! :D
I went into Revenge of the Sith, all three times :p "knowing" this would be the very last time I would ever get to see a new Star Wars film on the big screen. Nine years later I am very glad that wasn't true :)

Did anyone else see that photo in post #6755 and immediately hear John Williams' Star Wars fanfare in their head? :lol

Did anyone else see that photo in post #6755 and immediately hear John Williams' Star Wars fanfare in their head? :lol

In Abrams case, it's not going to be the Star Wars fanfare. He's gonna replace it with another Beastie Boys song.

The subtext of that letter is basically "guys, please don't screw this thing up and make me a more hated man than Uncle George". :lol

The subtext of that letter is basically "guys, please don't screw this thing up and make me a more hated man than Uncle George". :lol

Theres a lot of negative Nancy's that will hate him no matter what or how good he makes the film. They need to grow up and realize that they are not being forced to watch it and nothing can ever take the originals away.Bring it on JJ. :)

Ben

They need to grow up and realize that they are not being forced to watch it and nothing can ever take the originals away.

No, he'll just change them up and add all this useless crap that adds nothing to the film and go on record saying that the originals no longer exist. And it wasn't a case of poor management that the originals no longer exist, or that there was some studio fire or that they were stolen. It was literally a case of "We've altered the original sources for the special editions so they are permanently changed." He may not take the originals away, but he sure made it a lot harder to find and enjoy.

Oh, those were all lies by the way. The originals do exist because why would anyone in their right mind permanently alter the original negative when it can be used again for another remaster? Did they digitally erase the old CGI jabba out of the Special Edition of ANH and than digitally added the Episode 1 Jabba back in? Heck no.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back