Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

I really enjoyed the Force Unleashed (not as big a fan of 2). I thought that the early story line was very plausible. A final showdown with the Emperor seemed to get a little out there.

Well that was a mash up of about 10 different movies, games and fan crap :lol

I will NEVER understand the fan trailer/mashup culture. There's two extremes; "OFFICIAL STAR WARS EP. VII TRAILER - REAL" (ST: Into Darkness with TOR clips interspersed); and "Jimmy Neutron + Cindy Vortex: A Love Story", featuring music from The Notebook.

I keep hearing them say that the "post ROTJ" EU is being ignored or swept aside, whathaveyou. I wonder about things like Shadows of the Empire and The Force Unleashed, which fit between the films as they stand now. Will some of that stuff be brought into canon proper or is it going to be labeled legends also, I wonder.

My sense is that canon is literally just the six films and the cartoons. Everything else is "Legends" until otherwise clarified or brought into the new canon.

I really enjoyed the Force Unleashed (not as big a fan of 2). I thought that the early story line was very plausible. A final showdown with the Emperor seemed to get a little out there.

I find the storyline where Vader is basically behind the creation of the Rebellion, and Starkiller confronts the Emperor to be complete hogwash. The rest of it is mostly believable, though, with the exception of how ridiculously powerful Starkiller is.

Being totally realistic with myself, I think the only REAL reason I enjoyed TFU was simply because it had the look and feel of the OT. I loved looking at all the costumes, weapons and settings, and even the music felt old-school, character design and acting was spot-on too. I think that gave me the delusion that I really liked the games. I should replay no. 1...

I suspect that none of the EU will be declared canon wholesale, the most likely scenario will that bits and pieces of the EU will be brought into the canon like certain characters, locales, designs, etc. but not entire novels or games.

I keep hearing them say that the "post ROTJ" EU is being ignored or swept aside, whathaveyou. I wonder about things like Shadows of the Empire and The Force Unleashed, which fit between the films as they stand now. Will some of that stuff be brought into canon proper or is it going to be labeled legends also, I wonder.

Force Unleashed is already out as per LucasFilm in regards to canon.

Last edited:

See I had no problem with how powerful Starkiller was. In the OT Anakin's Chlorian count was higher than Yoda's. IE that meant that he could be more powerful then Yoda. If you have read Rise of Lord Vader you also know that his ability to use the force was less because of all of his mechanical parts. So there is no reason IMO that a person could be born more powerful then him or the Emperor. The key is who could train him to use his powers to their full extent? mestarwars.jpg except maybe this guy

As someone already mentioned.... I think they'll pull elements from here and there. I watched an episode of "Clone Wars" last night where Darth Maul took over the Black Sun crime syndicate from the Falleens that were running it... That's all from Shadows... and that's all "official" cannon now

As someone already mentioned.... I think they'll pull elements from here and there. I watched an episode of "Clone Wars" last night where Darth Maul took over the Black Sun crime syndicate from the Falleens that were running it... That's all from Shadows... and that's all "official" cannon now

That gets back to what I was saying about concepts, places, organizations, and technical details (e.g. the technical specs on vehicles). Those kinds of things will be lifted plenty, I expect, if only because they provide convenient background info. But Prince Xizor and what happened in Shadows of Empire is not itself canon, even if the Black Sun criminal syndicate is.

I'll have to agree, that was a pretty cool title. I remember when it was first announced and we all thought it was cool back then. Even though by then we had been force-fed "A New Hope" down our throats when we all knew the name of the dad-blamed movie was STAR WARS!!

I thought "Revenge of The Jedi" was a cool title. Then it got bounced around and finally reduced to a wimpy sounding "Return"

When "Phantom Menace" was announced I did the biggest face palm of my entire life!! Oh Lord that was a horrible title!!

"Attack of the Clones" is a pretty cool title for a pretty crappy movie!

And by the time "Revenge of The Sith" came around we were like, what're ya doing? Just rehashing a title you came up with 20 years ago. You couldn't use it then so you're using it now?

Here's an idea--what would have been a wimpy title for Empire?

The Empire is Really Peeved About The Death Star and They're Coming to Get You Luke

The Empire is Really Peeved About The Death Star and They're Coming to Get You Luke

Not that I'm taking the p*** out of Star Wars titles,....I love them, but I saw in another forum someone saying "What would Blade Runner be called if it was a George Lucas movie?......The Search for the Androids?" :lol

J

Not that these are particularly great, but just off the top of my head they're better than "TESB":

Imperial Retribution
Retribution
Reciprocity
Revenge of the Empire
(just about any action noun) of the Empire

That gets back to what I was saying about concepts, places, organizations, and technical details (e.g. the technical specs on vehicles). Those kinds of things will be lifted plenty, I expect, if only because they provide convenient background info. But Prince Xizor and what happened in Shadows of Empire is not itself canon, even if the Black Sun criminal syndicate is.

I hope that's what they end up doing. There's a lot of cool planets, ships, etc. that could be used. They need to clarify because we don't know what's going on with the EU that takes place before ROTJ. I though The Force Unleashed was canon because Lucas personally was involved with the story? I don't think Starkiller's powers are canon since they obviously went with uber Force powers for playability.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back