Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

Because no matter what kind of fear it is, fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, HATE... leads to suffering!

*shiver*

There. I now feel vindicated. This is extremely horrifying.

you're silly.

Nuh uh. No way. "The Empire Strikes Back" is one of the coolest movie titles to ever grace a movie!

I'll have to agree, that was a pretty cool title. I remember when it was first announced and we all thought it was cool back then. Even though by then we had been force-fed "A New Hope" down our throats when we all knew the name of the dad-blamed movie was STAR WARS!!

I thought "Revenge of The Jedi" was a cool title. Then it got bounced around and finally reduced to a wimpy sounding "Return"

When "Phantom Menace" was announced I did the biggest face palm of my entire life!! Oh Lord that was a horrible title!!

"Attack of the Clones" is a pretty cool title for a pretty crappy movie!

And by the time "Revenge of The Sith" came around we were like, what're ya doing? Just rehashing a title you came up with 20 years ago. You couldn't use it then so you're using it now?

Here's an idea--what would have been a wimpy title for Empire?

I'll have to agree, that was a pretty cool title. I remember when it was first announced and we all thought it was cool back then. Even though by then we had been force-fed "A New Hope" down our throats when we all knew the name of the dad-blamed movie was STAR WARS!!

I thought "Revenge of The Jedi" was a cool title. Then it got bounced around and finally reduced to a wimpy sounding "Return"

When "Phantom Menace" was announced I did the biggest face palm of my entire life!! Oh Lord that was a horrible title!!

"Attack of the Clones" is a pretty cool title for a pretty crappy movie!

And by the time "Revenge of The Sith" came around we were like, what're ya doing? Just rehashing a title you came up with 20 years ago. You couldn't use it then so you're using it now?

Here's an idea--what would have been a wimpy title for Empire?

The Empire Considers Sanctions

The Empire Makes a Plea

The Empire Gives Up

tumblr_n4tum5z7Pk1qkej80o1_1280.png

Hell, "Star Wars" is a stupid title :lol
More or less translated titles in other countries are often stupider.

In Sweden we got:
Star Wars -> War of the stars, i.e. literally that the stars would be at war with each other.
The Phantom Menace -> The dark threat
Revenge of the Sith -> The darkness's revenge.

How is Star Wars a bad title? That's a GREAT title!! If you think that is a bad name I'd like you to tell me what you do consider a good name.....and prepare for me to tear them apart!

We're all used to it, and associate it with an awesome movie, but The Empire Strikes Back is an awful, clunky title.

Well, looking at the pic of the cast sitting around, only Mark Hamill and Anthony Daniels are wearing checkered shirts (subtle signal to J.J) that, or they spent too much time at the Ranch:facepalm

Wow, really? Did you watch all of the CW?

I haven't seen like five of the last episodes, otherwise yeah. I don't think she's an awful character, I just don't think she'd be a good main villian. I really hope there are no Sith or Dark Side users in the new movies. I'm not sure if that would work or not though because most people expect lightsaber duels.

Apologies if this got posted and I missed it:

[video=vimeo;93579899]http://vimeo.com/93579899#at=0[/video]

Fan made, but pretty nifty nonetheless.

You know, I just realized something: with the Disney announcement about the EU...pretty much NOTHING outside the six films and the Clone Wars cartoon and film are considered canon for plot purposes.

This came to mind as I just started a first playthrough of The Force Unleashed (after having learned how the story ends, which seems....yeah, non-canonical in spite of saying it was canon previously). Yet, this hasn't diminished my enjoyment of the game (which is good, but slightly lessened by the wacky lock-on and camera issues...). It's still fun to play and screw around with, even if it's not Official Canon With a Capital O.

I am sure that the story group will pull things from the EU into canon later.
It is not like it hasn't been done before: Aayla Secura from comic book, Coruscant and the Witches of Dathomir from post-ROTJ EU ... hey, Darth Maul's return was even pulled from an alternative universe comic book, with his appearance a direct copy.

More or less translated titles in other countries are often stupider.

In Sweden we got:
Star Wars -> War of the stars, i.e. literally that the stars would be at war with each other.
The Phantom Menace -> The dark threat
Revenge of the Sith -> The darkness's revenge.

Exactly. If I *HAD* to I would translate "STAR WARS"then I would simply translate it into "Stjärn Krig". Not sure what the original translator was thinking.

You know, I just realized something: with the Disney announcement about the EU...pretty much NOTHING outside the six films and the Clone Wars cartoon and film are considered canon for plot purposes.

This came to mind as I just started a first playthrough of The Force Unleashed (after having learned how the story ends, which seems....yeah, non-canonical in spite of saying it was canon previously). Yet, this hasn't diminished my enjoyment of the game (which is good, but slightly lessened by the wacky lock-on and camera issues...). It's still fun to play and screw around with, even if it's not Official Canon With a Capital O.

Yeah, cause really you don't need something to be "canon" to that specific franchise in order to enjoy it.
I really hope we don't get any movie based games, unless they actually spend the necessary 3-6 years making them. No point in releasing all these movie tie-ins that end up being a waste of both money and space.

Yeah, cause really you don't need something to be "canon" to that specific franchise in order to enjoy it.
I really hope we don't get any movie based games, unless they actually spend the necessary 3-6 years making them. No point in releasing all these movie tie-ins that end up being a waste of both money and space.

Exactly. And frankly, my experience of the video games themselves has always been to treat them as non-canonical. Probably because I cut my teeth on Star Wars video games by personally blowing up the Death Star in several different iterations (the arcade game, X-wing, Rebel Assault, etc.). I never really took any of it seriously as canon, so the notion of the game being canon struck me as...goofy. Particularly given what I learned about the plot of the game. It was just absurd. I mean, it's fun to play, but the notion of Vader indirectly starting the Rebel Alliance?! You gotta be kidding me!

Exactly. And frankly, my experience of the video games themselves has always been to treat them as non-canonical. Probably because I cut my teeth on Star Wars video games by personally blowing up the Death Star in several different iterations (the arcade game, X-wing, Rebel Assault, etc.). I never really took any of it seriously as canon, so the notion of the game being canon struck me as...goofy. Particularly given what I learned about the plot of the game. It was just absurd. I mean, it's fun to play, but the notion of Vader indirectly starting the Rebel Alliance?! You gotta be kidding me!

I keep hearing them say that the "post ROTJ" EU is being ignored or swept aside, whathaveyou. I wonder about things like Shadows of the Empire and The Force Unleashed, which fit between the films as they stand now. Will some of that stuff be brought into canon proper or is it going to be labeled legends also, I wonder.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back