Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

I'm guessing this won't be the final tittle but it's not too bad, to be honest I'm not bothered what it's called, I just want a good movie... It could be called The Fluffy wookie rises and it wouldn't bother me..,,,, just be good is all we want ...... Please !!!

I really hope that IS the new Chewie costume for Episode 7 in that "selfie" with Bob Iger. The Prequels Chewie mask was AWFUL. This one looks just like the Freeborn style of mask and although I would have preferred his fur to have gone more gray than blonde, I'm thankful that at least it looks like Chewie this time around. Unless of course it's a fantastic fan costume or one of the appearance costumes that Lucasfilm have for Chewie.

That doesn't sound like a very Star Wars-y title, and I wouldn't be big on that title, but it's ultimately pretty trivial to me. It has no bearing on the final movie aside from an opening crawl!

If true, an awful title. But then, other than E6, they're all kind of awful titles haha. I almost retched when I heard E1 and 2, and if I hadn't been five years old, prob would've gagged at E5 as well. E3 was a good one, but since the "revenge" was never explained, became a de facto stupid title anyway.

Hell, "Star Wars" is a stupid title :lol

If true, an awful title. But then, other than E6, they're all kind of awful titles haha. I almost retched when I heard E1 and 2, and if I hadn't been five years old, prob would've gagged at E5 as well. E3 was a good one, but since the "revenge" was never explained, became a de facto stupid title anyway.

Hell, "Star Wars" is a stupid title :lol

Which is why I'm sure that regardless of the title, we'll all get used to it once we have a movie to associate with it.
The only one that ever sounded really bad to me was "Attack of the Clones". It makes it sound like a 50's B-movie! :lol

Which is why I'm sure that regardless of the title, we'll all get used to it once we have a movie to associate with it.
The only one that ever sounded really bad to me was "Attack of the Clones". It makes it sound like a 50's B-movie! :lol

Could be worse, when I first saw it I read it as "Attack of the Clowns" :wacko "Clowns? In Star Wars??? Well I guess.... George did add Jar Jar to Episode 1 so oh kay :unsure"

Could be worse, when I first saw it I read it as "Attack of the Clowns" :wacko "Clowns? In Star Wars??? Well I guess.... George did add Jar Jar to Episode 1 so oh kay :unsure"

Well now you've got me thinking they should have called it "Star Wars Ep II: Killer Klones From Outer Space" :lol

All the SW titles are reminiscent of chapter titles to old movie serials, so this is in the same vein. Come on, none of the titles to the old films are anything special. As long as there's a good script I don't care what it's called. Fingers crossed.

No more so then A New Hope or The Phantom Menace. Please.

I think the concept of fear has been around for a long time that calling something an ancient fear isn't really saying anything. There's a bad guy you're afraid of? Nothing ancient about that concept. Now when you have The Phantom Menace, that title actually deals with something tangible in the movie itself, and "A New Hope" implies that something new is going to happen in this story. I guess a better way to describe this title is generic since it can apply to just about anything when compared to a title like "The Empire Strikes Back".

Given how much darkness had to do with "Star Trek Into Darkness", I think it's a safe bet that whatever this "ancient fear" will be, it will most likely be as generic as any other moment involving characters being afraid of something.

All the SW titles are reminiscent of chapter titles to old movie serials, so this is in the same vein. Come on, none of the titles to the old films are anything special.

Nuh uh. No way. "The Empire Strikes Back" is one of the coolest movie titles to ever grace a movie! You would think that after blowing up a planet destroying station, restoring hope to the galaxy and having a new recruit who can use the Force that everything would be cake walk, right? Not according to this title, and it freaking delivers.

Apparently the guy reporting this also claimed Revenge of the Sith would be called "The Creeping Fear". Seems like he has a thing for "fear" in the title. I wouldn't put too much credence in any of this

Last edited:

I think the concept of fear has been around for a long time that calling something an ancient fear isn't really saying anything. There's a bad guy you're afraid of? Nothing ancient about that concept. Now when you have The Phantom Menace, that title actually deals with something tangible in the movie itself, and "A New Hope" implies that something new is going to happen in this story. I guess a better way to describe this title is generic since it can apply to just about anything when compared to a title like "The Empire Strikes Back".

Given how much darkness had to do with "Star Trek Into Darkness", I think it's a safe bet that whatever this "ancient fear" will be, it will most likely be as generic as any other moment involving characters being afraid of something.

Wrong. Hope has been around a long time and calling Hope New is saying just as little. There's hope but it's new? A Menace is as tangible as Fear. So now you want to just claim it's generic and trot out Star Trek, got it.

So why can't a fear be ancient?

Because no matter what kind of fear it is, fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, HATE... leads to suffering!

*shiver*

There. I now feel vindicated. This is extremely horrifying.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back