Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

Carrie doesn't look like shes lost any weight in that B&W cast photo?

Why does she need to loose wait? She's an older woman that had a family and lived life to the full and is what she is....... Loosing weight!!! to play Princess Leia....I could understand it if she was diabetic or a bit ill but why not player as an overweight older lady.....Funnily enough they do exist :) Bring it on Carrie, get some racket down ya and kick some arse

She doesn't look like she did 30 years ago, but she looks damn good if you ask me.
article-0-1D257AA100000578-836_634x749.jpg

Why does she need to loose wait? She's an older woman that had a family and lived life to the full and is what she is....... Loosing weight!!! to play Princess Leia....I could understand it if she was diabetic or a bit ill but why not player as an overweight older lady.....Funnily enough they do exist :) Bring it on Carrie, get some racket down ya and kick some arse

Maybe he's hoping for a mature shot i the slave bikini, maybe its a fetish of his??? Whatever, this is some amazing casting, this movie is going to be awesome, i really do feel it'll take a lot of older timers back some way, super excited Kasdan is in the mix too!

lee

I'm loving the casting. I really think JJ is trying to do this right this time. Still I'd hate to be in his shoes. No matter how the movie turns out some will still not be happy. Not me. I see what your doin JJ and I love it!!! :)

Ben

I'm actually happy to see a lot of the cast are lesser knowns. It makes it easier to believe their characters than getting a ton of big names where they are too recognizable and establlished. Of course Serkis is known and am sure he'll be great, but i'm really glad to see some fresh faces. Good move on the casting going back to how it all began.

Adam has many looks from what I see. He has some face similarities to both young Harrison Ford and any age Max Von Sydow

You guys realize we all did this before episode1 started filming...

Let's not get our hopes TOO up...

Cause it was a heart wrenching experience the last time new Star Wars came out and sank in... Just how bad it was.

Not to mention if they DO "pull it off" there will be little to no RPF traffic the day after the midnight showings ...

Our heads and/or hearts may Have EXPLODED from shock and happiness!!!

All that being said, I've got goosebumps too ya jerkys!

;)

I personal cannot wait for when the first trailer gets released, probably in about a year on 4th May. I confidently predict a melt down .

Mark Hamill May Have Revealed Star Wars: Ep. 7 Plot | WebProNews

I’m assuming, because I haven’t talked to the writers, that these movies would be about our offspring — like my character would be sort of in the Obi-Wan range [as] an influential character. … When I found out [while making the original trilogy] that ultimate good news/bad news joke – the good news is there’s a real attractive, hot girl in the universe; the bad news is she’s your sister – I thought, ‘Well, I’m going to wind up like Sir Alec [Guinness]. I’m going to be a lonely old hermit living out in some kind of desert igloo with a couple of robots.'

I said to George [Lucas] that I wanted to go back to the way it was, in the sense that ours was much more carefree and lighthearted and humorous – in my opinion, anyway. … I hope they find the right balance of CGI with practical effects. I love props, I love models, miniatures, matte paintings — I’m sort of old school. I think if you go too far in the direction of CGI it winds up looking like just a giant a video game, and that’s unfortunate. … If they listen to me at all, it’ll be, ‘Lighten up and go retro with the way it looks

I don't think he's really revealing the plot, I mean he says he hasn't talked to the writers yet.. I just think its interesting that he feels the same way a lot of us do about practical effects vs. cgi

Last edited:

My favorite thing about all this Episode 7 hype is that Mark is getting in the spotlight again. He's such a good guy, and has had a much bigger career post Star Wars than most people even know about. A lot of people think he was Luke and then fell off the planet.

For him to get to step back onto the big screen in such a large roll again, is just awesome. I hope he owns this flick.

I'm both delighted and, I confess, kind of sad knowing George Lucas wasn't in that table read photo. Mostly delighted.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back