Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

I feel for Anthony. From signing a ton of autographs at our con here in Calgary on the weekend straight to England for the reading... if that photo was taken today.

All I'd suggest here is that people maintain a sense of guarded enthusiasm. Casting alone doesn't tell you how they're gonna use anyone, nor what the character's importance will be.

For example, lots of people have expected that Adam Driver will be the villain in this story. But we have no idea in what capacity, whether he'll be human or an alien, or what.

It's an interesting cast, to be sure, with some really stellar talent. But it's gonna have to be a good story and good use of that talent for it to be a good movie.

Yes!!!

As for Cumberbatch, he's insanely over-exposed, and frankly over-rated. Putting him in this would be like putting Tommy Lee Jones in a Batman movie in the mid 90s...

Seems like JJ keeps on checking the boxes.

I am glad they decided to go with a more unknown cast. I think it helps maintain the fantasy when you aren't recognizing famous actors in there

I like the R2 in the crate.
I feel like I am 10 years old again! So, we at the R2 Builders club speculate that R2 is an original trilogy droid sent over for reference for our boys to research and work from. we don't think that is the new Episode 7 R2 built by Lee Towersey and Oliver Steeples of the R2 Builders club.
While its not the same crate or R2.... Its clearly an ILM/Lucasfilm style crate there as well. The crate matches the one in this Annie Leibovitz photo: (The open door in the new BW E7 photo even has similar writings on the door.
Leibovitz-R2_1280.jpg

Okay, I'm totally on board.

Can we start guessing what roles they'll each play now? Seems pretty likely that Daisy Ridley will be playing Han and Leia's daughter. Not sure about the others though. Hmm...

so here is the current new actor run down at this time

John Boyega a British actor, best known for playing Moses in the 2011 science fiction film Attack the Block)

john_boyega.jpg

Daisy Ridley known for Scrawl (2014) and Blue Season (2013). An unknown newcomer for the most part and I think we can guess what character she plays! :D
Daily-ridley-up.jpg

Adam Driver (Since 2012, he has portrayed Adam Sackler on the HBO series Girls.)
2013AdamDriverPA-17767638111113.jpg

Oscar Isaac (born in Guatemala, raised in Miami, Florida. Before he became an actor, he played lead guitar and sang vocals in his band the Blinking Underdogs. He graduated from the Juilliard School in 2005. Isaac's first major film role was Joseph in the film The Nativity Story (2006). He also made an appearance in the television series Law & Order: Criminal Intent (2001).
Oscar-Isaac-in-Drive-010.jpg

Andy Serkis (Gollum -need we say more? :p )
andy-serkis.jpg

Domhnall Gleeson (Bill Weasley Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. an Irish actor, director, and writer from Dublin. He has acted on both stage and screen, picking up a Tony Award nomination in 2006 for his part in the Broadway production The Lieutenant of Inishmore.

Domhnall.jpg

Max von Sydow (What hasn't he been in! :p His career abroad began with The Greatest Story Ever Told (1965) and Hawaii (1966). Since then, his career includes very different kind of characters, like Emperor Ming in Flash Gordon in 1980 (And for that reason alone I bet George Lucas hand picked or Highly suggested this actor! ) or the artist Frederick in Hannah and Her Sisters (1986). In 1987, he made his directing debut with Katinka (1988). He has become one of Sweden's most admired and professional actors.)
40483_pro.jpg

I'm totally satisfied with the news.....made my day......totally satisfied.......

......when do we get to know the title?

May the 4th?

J

Y'know it used to annoy me that punn.....but my wee daughter was born on 4th May, now I dont mind it as much

My wee Star Wars girl

Awwwwww

J

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back