Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

If I was vague, I apologize. I meant he wouldn't necessarily have a family. Han is the family type. Luke being, as far as I could tell from ROTJ, the sole heir of the Jedi flame, would have responsibilities and the duty to teach what he knows to bring Jedi back into mainstream life. Leia, of course, was 'the other' and maybe Kasdan will make some good hay from that if she is part of this reboot.

I'm just saying that, for me (and thankfully I'm not the one with the responsibility to get the franchise back on track and off to the races) you can't start this new series out with everyone having families and getting together for the holidays. Luke was affected by his very close brush with the dark side, a part of his genome that he lives with day by day. In my version, he would fight to enlighten this new post Empire age and renew the Jedi order as best as he could.
Aside from all that, whether or not Ford, Hamill and Fisher are utilized to bridge the gap and give the series a push in the right direction, totally new characters and plotlines need to be conjured up unless we want to go the way of most other sequelled franchises.

And my fear with the idea of Luke having a child is that we return to the idea of a 'bad seed' arising - like his father - and round and round we go.

all I have to say is this, the fat mentally challenged kid from Breaking Bad`s acting was worse than Christiansons in episodes 2-3 bad choice to even consider this no talent for any role let alone a leading role. I guess they did not learn from the prequels and this is just the Disney cash machine revving up on my favorite franchise of all time. if this ends up being a destruction and over saturation of Marvel proportions I for one will begin a personal boycott of all Disney products movies channels etc!

how much do we take as fact in a report that admittingly includes rumors?

Frankly, none.

And if this report about the original cast being main characters in Episode VII is true, i have a feeling that Solo4114 will not be happy about it :p

Last edited:

1. Do not trust casting rumors. Trust casting confirmation. Official announcements from Disney and/or LucasFilm.

2. Let's not forget that Devon Sawa was rumored at one point to be in consideration for young Anakin, and Kenneth Branagh for young Obi-Wan. That didn't happen either.

3. I still hope the "original three" are supporting roles only. Better still, cameos.

Here's the Logo for the Dutch version of the Line-up , the website is going up later this year.So what I'm wondering , are there any of you guys going to Hollywood or the main Cinema in New York to Line-up for the movie in December.....I am thinking about taking a trip to eather LA or NY to witness the experience from close by, if the Hype is huge again. I'm wondering if the thrill for a new Star Wars movie is still huge enough to make people stand in line for a couple of weeks or maybe even months , just to be the first ones to see it as diehard fans.I remember the hype from 1999 , that was Gi-normous.......So is the urge still there.

In Holland we have the Cine City Cinema (a THX Cinema), were we went to see all the 3 PT Movies as "The" official fan premier Cinema.Every time it was a 3 day event, with the possibility to camp inside, so it wasn't really a "Line-up" by American standards.

So what does a "Line-up" mean overthere in the states, is the thrill still present?

Last edited:

I'm too old for line-ups. I didn't do it for any of the films and in the town I live in we have about 20 multiplex theaters (of 12, 16 to 18 screens) and blockbuster movies are run in 3 or 4 screens within those theaters at the same time... pretty much a hit movie is starting every 20 minutes or so.. .so no need for me to camp out when I can order my tickets online using Fandango and walk past the entire line anyway. just a different time now I guess.

[url]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/dekkers241/dekkers241020/swlineup_zpsa5101aae.jpg[/URL]

Here's the Logo for the Dutch version of the Line-up , the website is going up later this year.So what I'm wondering , are there any of you guys going to Hollywood or the main Cinema in New York to Line-up for the movie in December.....I am thinking about taking a trip to eather LA or NY to witness the experience from close by, if the Hype is huge again. I'm wondering if the thrill for a new Star Wars movie is still huge enough to make people stand in line for a couple of weeks or maybe even months , just to be the first ones to see it as diehard fans.I remember the hype from 1999 , that was Gi-normous.......So is the urge still there.

In Holland we have the Cine City Cinema (a THX Cinema), were we went to see all the 3 PT Movies as "The" official fan premier Cinema.Every time it was a 3 day event, with the possibility to camp inside, so it wasn't really a "Line-up" by American standards.

So what does a "Line-up" mean overthere in the states, is the thrill still present?

Back then it was more about socializing in person, today it's more about "What's apping" on the phone I guess.Those were the good old days. The fan community over here is small enough to still do it as a social meeting Event and to meet new/other Fans in person....

Anyway

I wouldn't like seeing Fassbender in the Next Star Wars movie, not that he might not be great, but he's too familiair to my taste, he's already iconicly connected to Prometheus ....or make him somekind of Alien or unrecognizable bountyhunter.

Weaving is the type of actor, I would compare to a younger version of Christopher Lee or Peter Cushing, he could make a great Sith Lord or some other Evil character.

As for the "Breaking Bad guy" he might make a great Jedi ......why?? He looks simple enough to create some character development, which could turn him into a great Star Wars character.Like Luke at the beginning of a new hope.But I don't expect him to be one of the Solos or Skywalkers.

Good examples of actors I would like to see in the new Star Wars movies:

-Sam Witwer
-Anthony Starr from Banshee (Star Wars version of Mad Max, different than Boba Fett though)
-Joseph Gatt (The Albino from Banshee, Star Trek Into Darkness),He'd make a great Sith Inquisitor by the way
-The blond from the new series "Bitten" (V2009)
-Scott Adkins (Ninja, El Gringo)
-Manu Bennett (Arrow, Spartacus)

I see these actors/actrice among others having potential in Star Wars movies, hopefully not too many teenage chacters or too much lovelyness.

Last edited:

Really hope they atleast follow the basic outline of the EU. Luke makes the jedi academy...Han and Leia have kids etc. And just pray they stay away from cgi as much as possible and give us a good movie. The force is with JJ I can feel it

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back