Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

Somehow I doubt they'll use existing EU material. There's too much history involved, backstories and details, unless they smear it all together and give the fans another reason to be pissed.

They won't be making them for the "fans" you are referring to. This will be for a whole new generation.

They won't be making them for the "fans" you are referring to. This will be for a whole new generation.

As long as they don't lose what makes it Star Wars. If Sith begin to sparkle in the sunlight I think there will be riots... :lol

Ever since reading the Legacy of the Force book series, I thought they would make for a great trilogy. But I don't think they could get Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill to sign on (though conveniently they would be the appropriate age...) and it would be suicide to recast the roles.

Nah, with Disney's deep pockets, I am actually encouraged that they successfully pull off recasting the roles to a younger group of actors. I actually feel much better with Disney at the helm of a new film rather than Uncle George. He surrounded himself with with too many yes men.

Hope Jaxxon is fully realized.
Jaxxon2.gif

I think that it's been said before that although the EU is technically considered canon George isn't bound to it and use or ignore any part of it that he chooses to if he were to make episodes 7 - 9. Of course, given the abortion that was the PT it wouldn't be too bad of any idea to at least incorporate some of the EU into the plot for ep. 7 - 9.

Regardless of whether whoever Disney gets to write the new movies they will, hopefully, keep George far, far away from them. They can let him consult and suggest all he wants just so long as he doesn't get the final say and whoever writes and directs it doesn't feel remotely obligated to listen to George either.

Wishing for the Zahn trilogy is probably a long shot, but I would actually really love it if the basic premise of those books was involved; that the Empire still exists in pockets of resistance and what not. Thrawn IS a good villain.

Star Wars
Episode VII
Death of the Rebels

Shortly after the destruction of the second even more powerful Death Star the idiotic members of the rebellion partied hard on Endor totally forgetting that there still existed a massive Imperial fleet.
As the rebels slept late the next morning the Imperial fleet regrouped and bombarded Endor until it resembled a giant charred marshmellow.
The new leader of the Empire, now free from opposition, expanded the Empire to the far corners of the galaxy...

Last edited:

Somehow I doubt they'll use existing EU material. There's too much history involved, backstories and details, unless they smear it all together and give the fans another reason to be pissed.

I seem to recall an interview george around the time of the zahn books where he said that while he gave people permission to write stuff in the EU, that he wasn't beholden to it in any way if he ever decided to make more movies. Then a year or so later the prequels were announced.

Hey, if one of those re-releases includes a newly scanned, 4k presentation of the original films, bring it on.

There is a wealth of source material.
New stories can be created.

I absolutely want an OT original theatrical release to happen. Please.

"This is the movie the fans will be going nuts about ... the one big thread that never was resolved, that bit Lucas left to dangle and the fans haven't taken a single breath since ... Time to give the fans the movie they deserve : Jar Jar Binks, the biopic !!! We'll finally get to know why he was banned from Gungan city !!!"

i am not sure what they will do from here on. i mean, will they work to rebuild a jedi culture, will luke be all obi wan like living in the desert, etc

wait i got a great story idea:

after the second, even more powerfull deathstar was blown up, the empire decides to build a new, even more powerfull death star!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back