Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

sam jackson is just one of those guys that plays Sam Jackson and it kept taking me out of that world. He didn't "blend in" or really become a character that I could believe in. Mace Windu is a great character, Sam Jackson didn't really make him work for me. (and I am a sam jackson fan even met him once)

The delivery of his lines was just so wooden it was aweful. I love SLJ but his acting in those films was on the Hayden level.

:thumbsup Exactly. I don't care who begs for a roll in Star Wars...just cast the friggin' movie based on merit and make them unknowns....kinda like the originals. Anyone remember those?

That Ford guy is going to go far...

You heard it here first.

The delivery of his lines was just so wooden it was aweful. I love SLJ but his acting in those films was on the Hayden level.
Which begs the question: Was that due to Jackson's acting skills or Lucas' direction?

In the PT movies, it seems to me that the actors portraying characters that were introduced in the OT (i.e., Ian McDiarmid as Palpatine/Sidious, Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anthony Daniels as C-3PO, Peter Mayhew as Chewbacca, etc.) were given more leeway to re-create those characters as we know them, while the actors portraying "new" characters introduced in the PT movies were as stiff as dried-out driftwood.

Which begs the question: Was that due to Jackson's acting skills or Lucas' direction?

Lucas is a bad director for actors, it's pretty much accepted knowledge. IMO everyone had the same slate to work with (both OT and PT) so it's up to the actors to take ownership of their characters.

So, it was on Sam.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back