Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

Star Wars (and by extension, Lucasfilm) is a cash cow. I have a feeling that Disney's policy will be along the lines of "give us more of that".

They'd be lunatics not to. The corporate world has, however, seen its share of those lunatics, but I'm with you in being an optimist on this...

Just food for thought...

normal_Buddies_Collection__6_-st.jpg

Anybody remember that movie "Air Bud" from 1997? Yeah, me neither...

Hey, that was a damn good movie. At least it was in '97 when I was 11.

That's my point. The original movie, good as it was, has basically been erased from public consciousness due to the incessant amount of spin-offs and sequels which have no resemblance at all to the source material.

Just food for thought...

normal_Buddies_Collection__6_-st.jpg

Anybody remember that movie "Air Bud" from 1997? Yeah, me neither...

I sure do. That year I was working at a movie theater and the head manager of that place had a golden retriever and was obsessed with them. She couldn't wait to have Air Bud playing at our theater.

So yes... I definitely remember that film. I stayed away from it, but I don't forget its existence!

Pixar has done some similar stuff with the Cars franchise, actually, although they've been shorter bits, I think.

Oh how quickly they forget. There have already been SW stand alone "movies". May be a case of selective memory. ;)

51JSXJMQSBL.jpg

I was making a point; I didn't literally mean that no one remembered Air Bud. LOL.

:lol

Fair enough, sometimes you can never tell!

On the flip side, I had NO idea that there were sequels or any other "bud/buddies" movies so if the crap of Star Wars remains hidden like that I'm fine. :)

The original movie, good as it was, has basically been erased from public consciousness due to the incessant amount of special editions and special-special editions which have no resemblance at all to the source material.

There. I fixed that for you so as to apply to Star Wars as well...

I would still love to see some direct-to-video Star Wars movies.

Smaller movies would give them a chance to explore more of the universe. I am not talking about taking cherished characters and casting someone new in the role and ruining what was already built. I was thinking more along the lines of all new characters on smaller adventures in the same universe.

If a direct-to-video movie of a detective on Coruscant tracking down a murderer and uncovering corporate espionage was released in stores today, I would be checking it out. Wouldn't be expecting Empire Strikes Back all over again, but I give them a chance to be better than Attack of the Clones.

Boondock Saints was direct-to-video, and that is one of my favorite movies.

I would still love to see some direct-to-video Star Wars movies.

Smaller movies would give them a chance to explore more of the universe. I am not talking about taking cherished characters and casting someone new in the role and ruining what was already built. I was thinking more along the lines of all new characters on smaller adventures in the same universe.

If a direct-to-video movie of a detective on Coruscant tracking down a murderer and uncovering corporate espionage was released in stores today, I would be checking it out. Wouldn't be expecting Empire Strikes Back all over again, but I give them a chance to be better than Attack of the Clones.

Boondock Saints was direct-to-video, and that is one of my favorite movies.

You've got a point there. If they were done well some direct to video stuff would be able to take risks that they normally wouldn't take on a big screen release.

Isn't it funny how on the "Star Wars VII" topic, we keep talking about new Star Wars stand-alone movies, but on the "Star Wars Stand Alone Movies" topic, we keep bringing up Star Wars VII. Vivek must want to club us.

Isn't it funny how on the "Star Wars VII" topic, we keep talking about new Star Wars stand-alone movies, but on the "Star Wars Stand Alone Movies" topic, we keep bringing up Star Wars VII. Vivek must want to club us.

:lol

At some point all the posts will be swapped to the right threads and nobody will know what the hell we're talking about!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back