Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

Keep in mind that if this releases in 2015 Williams will be 84 years old. By the time all three are out he'll likely be 90. :(

Seems to me that they waited a little too long to do this with him properly. I hope they try though!

There are people who've lived a lot longer than 90...

We need a prayer circle! It must be JW!!!!!!

Man, we must be twins! :p

It's a foregone conclusion that this man will preside over whatever musical score is penned for these sequels. What is Star Wars without the quintessential John Williams?

:thumbsup I miss the 70's I had a great 70's retro weekend where I was 10 again... AMC did a Planet of the Apes marathon all day and all night saturday, then I watched Star Wars (original version) Sunday. I need to make every weekend 1970's retro movie weekend! :lol

:thumbsup I miss the 70's I had a great 70's retro weekend where I was 10 again... AMC did a Planet of the Apes marathon all day and all night saturday, then I watched Star Wars (original version) Sunday. I need to make every weekend 1970's retro movie weekend! :lol

You and me both, bro... If I could only bring back 1976 and 1977, I would be in "hog heaven"...

I'm starting to get the feeling that a lot of you just hate ANY SW that isn't the OT. You hate the Prequels, and then go nuts any time the EU is mentioned. A LOT of the EU is better than the Prequels. Your movie isn't going to be ruined if they keep some locations, vehicles, characters, etc. (NOT stories) from the EU. A lot of people even admit they haven't read any of it, but somehow it's going to potentially ruin the movie if they use it.

I'm starting to get the feeling that a lot of you just hate ANY SW that isn't the OT. You hate the Prequels, and then go nuts any time the EU is mentioned. A LOT of the EU is better than the Prequels. Your movie isn't going to be ruined if they keep some locations, vehicles, characters, etc. (NOT stories) from the EU. A lot of people even admit they haven't read any of it, but somehow it's going to potentially ruin the movie if they use it.

I reckon a good 60% of the entire SW fan base just can never, ever be happy, no matter what. It's a pointless debate. We just need to learn to accept it.

Back in the early 90s, the EU was a drop of water to quench the thirst of SW that was missing. It served its purpose, but it didn't replace anything...

what little EU I did read I thought was drivel. I'm sure I missed the good stuff. But what I did read turned me off of EU and knowing that Luke went to the dark side in some of it just made me roll my eyes so that is my problem with it. I'm sure there is some good in it... but I will never join EU (get it? :D I will never join you?) I made a SW EU pun!!!! :lol

I don't recall anyone in this thread saying the EU sucked?

Han, Luke, And Leia All Expected To Return But Their Children Will Be The Stars In EPISODE VII

Hope this isn't true, I would like to see new characters that had nothing to do with the original characters.

Never going to happen, that's what the standalone's are for...the numbered episodes are about the Skywalker family.

what little EU I did read I thought was drivel. I'm sure I missed the good stuff. But what I did read turned me off of EU and knowing that Luke went to the dark side in some of it just made me roll my eyes so that is my problem with it. I'm sure there is some good in it... but I will never join EU (get it? I will never join you?) I made a SW EU pun!!!!

As a whole i very much like the post ROTJ EU, just some aspects of it didn't sit well. I absolutely agree that Luke would never turn to the dark side after ROTJ, which he did in one comic story. Also, a lot of the books had him sick or injured or incapacitated in some way throughout the entire book, that was always frustrating...I want to see Luke learning and kicking some ass, not limping throughout the whole story. There's more minor stiff I'm forgetting to mention I'm sure, but those are my major gripes about it.

Last edited:

Yes. It did... :unsure

:lol

I suspected as much which is why I never went out of my way to buy any. I only read the firsts Zahn book and could only get a few chapters into the second book before I lost interest. I have the Dark Empire comic book series by Dark Horse Comics but only because I liked Dave Dorman's artwork... been so long since I"ve looked at it I don't even recall what they are about. Of course back in the day I read Splinters of the Minds Eye and the first three Han Solo books.. stars end, lost something or other... I put a bunch of EU SW ebooks on my iPod to read when I was on vacation a couple of years ago and I read a few chapters of one of them and it bored me so I deleted those.... meh, no EU for me.. just can't get into it. Somehow I even ended up with a Dash Rendar action figure carded... no idea who the hell he is and I think chucked it in the trash a couple of years ago when I was cleaning out the house. :lol sorry.

I suspected as much which is why I never went out of my way to buy any. I only read the firsts Zahn book and could only get a few chapters into the second book before I lost interest. I have the Dark Empire comic book series by Dark Horse Comics but only because I liked Dave Dorman's artwork... been so long since I"ve looked at it I don't even recall what they are about. Of course back in the day I read Splinters of the Minds Eye and the first three Han Solo books.. stars end, lost something or other... I put a bunch of EU SW ebooks on my iPod to read when I was on vacation a couple of years ago and I read a few chapters of one of them and it bored me so I deleted those.... meh, no EU for me.. just can't get into it. Somehow I even ended up with a Dash Rendar action figure carded... no idea who the hell he is and I think chucked it in the trash a couple of years ago when I was cleaning out the house. :lol sorry.

:lol

I soaked up the Thrawn trilogy back in the early 90s and I was... back in the land of SW... for a bit. And that was it. As much as I've chastised GL and his errant ways in the last decade or so, there's no replacement for his mind for SW. The EU tried to one-up the Empire with newer, and bigger, and badder villains and so forth, but...:unsure

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back