Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

All sounding good to me. It really isn't Star Wars if it doesn't have John Williams scoring. There's just magic in his compositions that are rarely found in other composers' work - even though I admire several of them too.

Anyone bitching about wanting something new... there are the standalone films for that. This is the trilogy of trilogies of the Skywalker family.

I am perfectly fine with that. In fact it is what I would most like to see, so there you go. :)

agreed. I think it is a given and a fan fav to see the main heroes once again with the whole passing the torch kind of thing happening within the high action adventure of something wicked in the SW universe. 7,8,and 9 are considered a continuation and as such need to put more closure on who we've come to know and love instead of just leaving them sitting around a camp fire singing Jub-Jub with ewoks! :lol

Bring on Han, Chewie, Leia, Luke, Artoo, Threepio for an encore!!!! :popcorn

I never kept up with the EU and I kinda knew just from the interwebs that in some book or comic Luke has a son named Ben... okay. I can see that...and Leia and Solo have three kids, Jacen, Jaina... and Anakin? Somehow with Leias painful experiences with Vader and lack of relationship with Anakin Skywalker and her disdain, shock and horror of Luke revealing her lineage that I just can't see her naming her child Anakin... it would be kinda llke naming your kid Adolph Hitler if you learned you were somehow related to that monster. I can see Luke perhaps doing so because he helped him to redeem himself and believed in Anakin's ability to return but no Leia by any stretch....
For the film's sake and the average fan I think it would also be confusing to have a Jedi in training running around named Anakin... and would he get into a fight with Luke's son Ben? :lol just pondering.... (one of the reasons why I never bothered with EU myself....)

Last edited:

:(

I don't care if he dies but the thought of a Solo that "settled down" is NOT appealing...

Those are my thoughts exactly. And to expound even further on the topic, why should we even presume that Leia and Han got married? As much as certain ones of us have shown reluctance to acknowledge, or even disdain for, other aspects of EU material, there seems to be this consensus that Han and Leia will be married with children. The whole premise of their marriage and offspring come entirely from the EU. It could just as easily be that something/anything happened to cause them to go their separate ways.

Those are my thoughts exactly. And to expound even further on the topic, why should we even presume that Leia and Han got married? As much as certain ones of us have shown reluctance to acknowledge, or even disdain for, other aspects of EU material, there seems to be this consensus that Han and Leia will be married with children. The whole premise of their marriage and offspring come entirely from the EU. It could just as easily be that something/anything happened to cause them to go their separate ways.

:thumbsup I'd rather that. And they can still be "dating" I suppose :lol but Han is always galavanting and Leia is too caught up in work and who the hell knows where Luke is spending all his time trying to unlearn what he has learned.. or "how did Yoda say that went? Darn, if only Obi Wan were here to show me how to do that Jedi trick... all these books in the Jedi temple have a bad smell of smoke!" :lol

I always saw their relationship as a quick fling before they got bored with each other. Her with him for not wanting to commit. Him with her, because she was too busy with politics and thinking she was the boss of him.

I always saw their relationship as a quick fling before they got bored with each other. Her with him for not wanting to commit. Him with her, because she was too busy with politics and thinking she was the boss of him.

kinda like the history between Indy and Marion Ravenwood... just, without Kingdom of the Crystal Skull...(them gettin hitched in the end) :lol

kinda like the history between Indy and Marion Ravenwood... just, without Kingdom of the Crystal Skull...(them gettin hitched in the end) :lol

Yep! Something like that... But if there are kids (as it seems there will be) I don't think they should be Han & Leia's... Perhaps Luke's, even Leia'sbut not by Han. Han shouldn't have kids IMHO.

And none of them should be names Anakin! Leia, who was tortured by her father and had her adopted home planet blown up in part by him and what he represented. Luke who although he won him back had his hand cut off and was pursued across the galaxy by him. Neither of these strike me as folks who would name their kids after grandpa.

They may come to peace with it in their own minds but no namesake's please!

:thumbsup I'd rather that. And they can still be "dating" I suppose :lol but Han is always galavanting and Leia is too caught up in work and who the hell knows where Luke is spending all his time trying to unlearn what he has learned.. or "how did Yoda say that went? Darn, if only Obi Wan were here to show me how to do that Jedi trick... all these books in the Jedi temple have a bad smell of smoke!" :lol

:lol And certain pages are missing as well!

Yeah, I always thought her love for politics and office would come before an arrangement with him. I never saw either of them as "settling down"...

i sure hope this happens. if anything the score for even the prequels was great and he is a huge part of why Star Wars works... its iconic legendary music and got me into appreciating classical music when I was a kid... I mean, if it wasn't KISS, Styx, Queen, Blondie or the Police I wasn't listening... or I'd put on my Star Wars theme music! :lol

Man, we must be twins! :p

It's a foregone conclusion that this man will preside over whatever musical score is penned for these sequels. What is Star Wars without the quintessential John Williams?

Man, we must be twins! :p

It's a foregone conclusion that this man will preside over whatever musical score is penned for these sequels. What is Star Wars without the quintessential John Williams?

I've heard rumors otherwise... but I'm holding out hope.

ya, the ones about how to cheat death and becoming a force ghost and information on that pesky planet Kamino! :D

Especially cheating death, what with all those Stormtrooper blasts that would have missed the broad side of a barn! :lol

Please explain!

There are rumors that Giacchino is in talks. Unsubstantiated thus far but it wouldn't surprise me. He works on just about everything with JJ.

The whole idea of this is a new generation of Star Wars.

That said I say that's BS. Get Williams to do these three and then someone else can do the stand alones.

Keep in mind that if this releases in 2015 Williams will be 84 years old. By the time all three are out he'll likely be 90. :(

Seems to me that they waited a little too long to do this with him properly. I hope they try though!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back