Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

I'm pretty sure that relationship was headed for divorce. The only time they were not fighting each other is when they were fighting someone else.

I did not get that impression myself, but even so, all the best relationships are like that.

Even the the well accomplished actors in the new films gave very wooden performances, possibly the wost job I've seen from any of the main cast (most of whom I enjoy in other films).

That wasn't their fault though, GL wanted it that way for some god-forsaken reason

The picture I get in my mind of Ford playing old Han Solo is not weak, grumpy old man - get off my lawn - kind of deal, but a force still to be reckoned with, such as Clint Eastwood, who can whup your ass just by scowling at you. I'm seeing him as a no-nonsense kind of guy.

(y)thumbsup Agreed. This is why I really don't understand why people keep saying that the actors are too old to reprise their roles.

^ I'm sure editing and directing had an effect, but I can't let the cast off the hook that easy buy tossing it all in Georges lap ;)

I agree...George has become the whipping boy, but its not all on him. I thought Ewan and Ian delivered masterful performances as Obi-Wan and Palpatine...And they had the same script, green screen, and other distractions to deal with. The glaring difference is that hey found away to get their performance above all that.

I completely expect to have younger characters taking the lead, but I will absolutely love seeing the old crew on screen together again. Give me a little nostalgia wrapped up with new characters and a tight story, and I won't give a rip as to how old they are.

In fact... My bet is the reason they are holding off confirming Harrison's involvement is because they want to announce the big three all at once.

Jason

Last edited:

Cant take a dude wearing a ear ring as a mean / scary guy. You're an old hippie or a thug..both funny in my eyes. Han will still be P.W. by Leia and have a troublesome kid that gives him lip. Han will be known as Daddy-0..oh what thats Indy 4

:lol I'm glad your not on the script team! ;) Han appears PW in Jedi, but the man just came out of years of hibernation, so cut him some slack for feeding the right lines to a princess to get what he wants :love :lol
Many things could have happened in the last 30 yrs, I can see Han getting tired of "home life" and taking off with Chewie 6 months after ROTJ :)
Han: walking up the ramp to the Falcon
Leia: pregnant and yelling angrily "You said you loved me"
Han: "I know"
PW? I prefer to think of the scoundrel :cool
star-wars-episode-vii-well-thats-just-what-we-call_clink_large.jpg-143811d1361033759

Did you forget Leia has the force as well..Hmmm Han solo is her puppet. Dance puppet, dance! Can't fight with someone who can control your mind. PW 4 ever...

Timothy Zahn books. It was a while ago when i read them. I rather enjoyed them. If they could do starwars movies based off of those books, it might turn out fairly well....

(I'm riding on a wing and a prayer here...)

Timothy Zahn books. It was a while ago when i read them. I rather enjoyed them. If they could do starwars movies based off of those books, it might turn out fairly well....

(I'm riding on a wing and a prayer here...)

If they had done them in the 90's I agree but I think they're too old for those books now.

Not to mention that Lucasfilm has pretty much said that they won't be using anything from the EU.

Can't be a Jedi if you're not trained by a Jedi.. But the force runs in her blood. Search deep within your feelings. Han is weak minded..he is a human male that has the hots for princess booty. When it comes to hot chicks you like all men become weak minded. Ha.

Bring the whole crew back if they like. It really doesn't bother me at all. I just don't want it to be Eposide 7 : on Golden pond or Cacoon. Make chewy all grey tho..unless he got a box of "just for wookies" hair dye.

I know many have said that the EU will not be considered, but if Ford is indeed reprising his role and the new trilogy is rumored to focus on Han and Leia's children and most likely Mara Jade Skywalker, this whole thing smells like The Thrawn Trilogy.

I know many have said that the EU will not be considered, but if Ford is indeed reprising his role and the new trilogy is rumored to focus on Han and Leia's children and most likely Mara Jade Skywalker, this whole thing smells like The Thrawn Trilogy.

GL didn't write the Thrawn trilogy and Lucas handed over to Disney some story concept/outline he already had rough drafted. Lucas wouldn't take Zahn's novel and sell it to Disney. And if they deal with any children of Leia and Han she may or may not be named Mara Jade. It won't be Thrawn and if it is that would be lame. its an old story that I don't wanna see. I want fresh new story. Stop with the thrawn trilogy speculation... it won't be that. :rolleyes

GL didn't write the Thrawn trilogy and Lucas handed over to Disney some story concept/outline he already had rough drafted. Lucas wouldn't take Zahn's novel and sell it to Disney. And if they deal with any children of Leia and Han she may or may not be named Mara Jade. It won't be Thrawn and if it is that would be lame. its an old story that I don't wanna see. I want fresh new story. Stop with the thrawn trilogy speculation... it won't be that. :rolleyes

Nor would they likely be inclined to share the revenue with Zahn. VERY unlikey these films will be a Thrawn knock off.

Agreed...

I do think they will throw some nods in there to the EU...Just for fans...I don't think they will completely ignore it. But they sure as heck are not going to be bound by it.

Jason

The picture I get in my mind of Ford playing old Han Solo is not weak, grumpy old man - get off my lawn - kind of deal, but a force still to be reckoned with, such as Clint Eastwood, who can whup your ass just by scowling at you. I'm seeing him as a no-nonsense kind of guy.

That's why I said earlier that they should have a scene of him going back to the Cantina for some reason and this time when he walks in, the entire room starts whispering and parts for him. :lol

As far as the EU, I'm hoping they just don't completely destroy the EU, but slip these stories in between somewhere like they've done with the Clone Wars.

And if they deal with any children of Leia and Han she may or may not be named Mara Jade.

Agreed...

I do think they will throw some nods in there to the EU...Just for fans...I don't think they will completely ignore it. But they sure as heck are not going to be bound by it.

Jason

I agree that those involved in the new trilogy are not bound by the EU (i.e.: Thrawn Trilogy) nor should they be but if it is indeed focusing on the Solo and Skywalker children and to not name them Jacen, Jaina and Anakin Solo or Ben Skywalker just doesn't seem right.

The casual Star Wars movie goer may not know or care but if they don't consider the millions of Star Wars fans who are knowledgeable about the EU, it would be a shame to say the least.

Was Alec Guinness too old to play the part of Ben Kenobi? I don't hear people complaining about that. The role of the OT cast members (if they are to play a part) will be the advisors to a new generation.

This new trilogy will have nothing to do with the EU stories. Perhaps some small links for the die hard fans, but it's been confirmed that the stories will be original. As much as I enjoy the Thrawn trilogy, I don't need to see a film version of it. I have a very specific vision of it in mind, and I'd rather it not be altered.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with the new films.

Star Wars Episode VII

Since I wasn't alive during the OT's original theatrical release, I want to know the feeling of Vader being Luke's father. I want plot twists.

Star Wars Episode VII

My money says Solo will die this time around - Kasdan wanted to do it and Ford wanted it done. It'll probably happen with him sacrificing himself to save his kids or kid or Leia - something stupid and predictable.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back