Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

Do we want the scruffy-looking nerf herder at this stage in Solo's life? Wouldn't that just be Nick Nolte?

Nice... :)

I only meant it as a term of endearment, not that I expect him to be just as he was in ESB...

I realize that some here are more cynical about these films than others...But geez...If this report turns out to be true, then that means there is more Han Frickin' Solo heading our way...And that is WAAAAY cool to me. I could care less if he simply stands in the corner and nods from time to time.

Of course I also enjoyed the last Indy film as well...Sue me.

In a perfect world, I would hope that he is older and wiser, but still has that "trust me" gleam in his eye. In my head I see him with a greying goatee, still wearing some Corellian Blood Striped pants, but with a sweet looking military overcoat as a new part of his ensemble.

And the Falcon...We would get to see the FALCON again...Gosh I've missed that ship.

Jason

Sweet! I think if they got Ford they will get anyone to come back. I think it would be cool to have Han and Lando doing something crazy, with the Falcon.

I agree that if Han is included, there'd better be a significant reason for him to be there. And it can't be a cameo.
Why do I feel this is happening 10+ years too late (for Ford to play Han again)? Felt the same about I.J.4.

I agree that if Han is included, there'd better be a significant reason for him to be there. And it can't be a cameo.
Why do I feel this is happening 10+ years too late (for Ford to play Han again)? Felt the same about I.J.4.

more than ten years too late. If Lucas wasn't so hell bent on CGI and made 7 8 and 9 in the early 90's with the technology available then (which there was some limited CGI available being The Abyss came out in 1989) we could have had plenty of more Star Wars films... but no, he had to wait until the CGI technology was to the level that he wanted so he could do nothing but CGI! :D he missed the boat on more star wars films when they were still ripe to do with the original cast! (in my opinion anyway)

Maybe it's good these movies weren't made with Lucas' involvement, because Han would end up as head of the Scoundrel Guild...

...The only hope I have is that there's actually a reason other than 'the fans will pay to see him' for Solo to be in this story; at least gimme that, Harry, please let there be some meat that prompted this, and not just a dumptruck of money being driven into Jackson Hole.
I couldn't agree more. If Ford's coming back to the franchise I sincerely hope Solo has a substantial or pivotal part to play in the story (at least for Episode VII) and won't just be set dressing or Leia's lapdog. But then, if it's true I can't see Ford agreeing to do it if the role wasn't interesting to him in some way.

He was whipped in ROTJ. Don't want to see him 30 years later unless something happened to Leia and he's on his own with Chewie again.

I'm pretty sure that relationship was headed for divorce. The only time they were not fighting each other is when they were fighting someone else.

I have the feeling they're gonna take the falcon and slingshot it around the sun to go back in time and save a bunch of banthas.

Regardless, I always feel that the more connections to the people and places of the OT make this feel like a smaller, more claustrophobic galaxy rather than one filled with endless adventure

Greedo's kid is gonna shoot Han in the 1st ten minutes of the movie. It comes full circle..then they dont have to put up with the prune crew. Nothing worst than Senior drivers. I can just see Han flying around with his blinker on and never turning. Doing 20 under light speed in space. Dude is gonna cause an accident.

Anybody else notice the ads on this page are now for anti-aging products? :lol
I'm a "bit" leary of the "old" crew coming back, but last time I got a new SW movie with "new" actors it sucked beyond description. Even the the well accomplished actors in the new films gave very wooden performances, possibly the wost job I've seen from any of the main cast (most of whom I enjoy in other films). Mark, Carrie, Harrison (Peter?) these guys have done it, they know the roles, they know the pressure of having to deliver STAR WARS (did it twice to critical/fan acclaim) or they will loses the legacy they have from those roles in the OT. I'm WAY more excited about this than I was for TPM (even before I knew it was garbage).
P.S. Lets not be chrono-centric, I know a couple 70 yr olds that can really throw down!(on the Judo mat);)

Last edited:

Exactly. I've seen 55-year-olds who felt and looked like really damn old and on death's door... and then I've seen 70-80-90-year-olds who felt and looked alive and well.

The picture I get in my mind of Ford playing old Han Solo is not weak, grumpy old man - get off my lawn - kind of deal, but a force still to be reckoned with, such as Clint Eastwood, who can whup your ass just by scowling at you. I'm seeing him as a no-nonsense kind of guy.

Cant take a dude wearing a ear ring as a mean / scary guy. You're an old hippie or a thug..both funny in my eyes. Han will still be P.W. by Leia and have a troublesome kid that gives him lip. Han will be known as Daddy-0..oh what thats Indy 4

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back