Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

I'm on board with bringing Billy back, even more so than Harrison :thumbsup :)
Edit: Lando is the type of guy that would find a nice cushy job in the new republic and could easily be around 30 years later.
star-wars-episode-vii-billy-dee.jpg-140095d1359478596

star-wars-episode-vii-billy-dee2.jpg-140096d1359478596

Last edited:

Yeah, bring him back too. Would be interesting to see what the scoundrel has scammed someone out of next.

Hell, he could have gone into business with his old body, the other scoundrel and things happen that forces them to choose sides.

I'm on board with bringing Billy back, even more so than Harrison :thumbsup :)
Edit: Lando is the type of guy that would find a nice cushy job in the new republic and could easily be around 30 years later.
star-wars-episode-vii-billy-dee.jpg-140095d1359478596

There should be a stipulation that he can only be in Episode VII if he wears that jacket. :lol

Good God that was awful! :lol

As for all these guys coming back I'm REALLY hoping this film isn't just a nostalgia fan wank.

NO Leia, NO Han, NO Lando...

I'll give Luke a pass, someone has to pass the torch. Chewy? Fine, but have a reason for him to be there, not just a cheap cameo like in ROTS.

R2 & C3P0? Meh, I don't think so.

Pass the torch and give us new characters that can carry the franchise for the next 30 years.

Good God that was awful! :lol

As for all these guys coming back I'm REALLY hoping this film isn't just a nostalgia fan wank.

NO Leia, NO Han, NO Lando...

I'll give Luke a pass, someone has to pass the torch. Chewy? Fine, but have a reason for him to be there, not just a cheap cameo like in ROTS.

Pass the torch and give us new characters that can carry the franchise for the next 30 years.

I agree, 100%! One thing that put a nail in the coffin of the prequel trilogy was seeing everyone, except for Han, in some shape or form by the time the trilogy was over.:thumbsdown

No love for the droids?:lol

Threepio and R2 are the Star Wars torchbearers; it wouldn't be the same without them...!

Seriously, I'm all for moving forward as well. I would, however, like to see something grounding.

No love for the droids?:lol

Threepio and R2 are the Star Wars torchbearers; it wouldn't be the same without them...!

I hear ya. But they have REALLY overstayed their welcome IMO. :lol

Seriously, I'm all for moving forward as well. I would, however, like to see something grounding.

That's what Luke and maybe Chewy are for. ;)

I hear ya. But they have REALLY overstayed their welcome IMO. :lol

That's what Luke and maybe Chewy are for. ;)

I could take them in less comic-relief roles than they were going for in the prequels. Something somber like Empire would do well, if even somewhat more background rather than in-your-face.

I could take them in less comic-relief roles than they were going for in the prequels. Something somber like Empire would do well, if even somewhat more background rather than in-your-face.

I'd take that. For me though it seems that then they'd have to be a part of everything Star Wars in perpetuity.

Ya. Personally I agree it should just be Luke. But at least with Chewie he's kind of ageless.

Yeah, that's true. But like you've said before, he (Chewie) will need a purpose, not just window dressing for the nostalgia buffs. That probably sounds hypocritical as I'm nostalgic as much as anyone, but Chewie was
as redundant as hell in ROTS. Please, no more of that...

Well...

I would be willing to bet vital parts of my anatomy that there will not be a new Star Wars film without the droids...Especially R2...Won't happen. I can kinda see a world without 3po...sorta...but R2 will be there, guaranteed.

Like you, I don't need a complete reunion in order for this to work for me. But if Luke is there, you can bet R2 will be too...Just more dented and dirty than we remember him from before.

And you are assuming that it will be a "passing the torch" film. At this point, we don't have a clue if that is what they have in store for us...

Jason

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back