Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

Those are some of the lamest, crappiest, boring, crappiest scenes from that movie. And yes, I said "crappiest" twice.

Personally I agree but as Brent says it's like choosing which gun you want to shoot you. I base a lot of my opinion on the fact that AOTC was the only Star Wars film to put my kids to sleep.

Personally I agree but as Brent says it's like choosing which gun you want to shoot you. I base a lot of my opinion on the fact that AOTC was the only Star Wars film to put my kids to sleep.
:lol:lolI'm loving this "pick your gun" analogy, should we star a bash the prequals thread :lol

Well, personally I prefer neither gun, so I'm okay with that, but if I had to choose, I'd choose TPM. There's less that annoys me with that one. And yes, I have no issue with Jar Jar. He's silly and annoying, but that's about it. I just don't need to see a mass murdering Jedi who's never punished for his crimes, even when he tells someone about it.

:lol:lolI'm loving this "pick your gun" analogy, should we star a bash the prequals thread :lol

Lemme clarify though, I don't "hate" the prequels. I don't like them but they don't bother me.

The SE bothers me. But even then, I've got my copies of the originals and that's all I watch. ;)

The SE bothers me. But even then, I've got my copies of the originals and that's all I watch. ;)
Rub it in Sir!!:darnkids :lolMy brother "lost" the VHS copies we had, so I'm considering investing in a LD player and the OT, or the 2006 set with them on DVD, but I hate to get a whole set again as I have the 1st SE on DVD already (no eyelids on the ewoks! but where's the sparkley Mr shaw :confused) I don't think I have the patience to wait for Disney come through :)
OK so back to episode 7 ....we're all very excited :popcorn.....

I just don't need to see a mass murdering Jedi who's never punished for his crimes, even when he tells someone about it.

And gets off the hook for just tossing some old guy off a catwalk and dying shortly after. I had no idea that decades of deception, murder and even genocide could be easily wiped clean as far as the Force is concerned. And his last words to his daughter, the one who he personally imprisoned, tortured, nearly killed her boyfriend and forced her to watch her home planet get destroyed is.... that her brother was right about him and that he is a good person! Oh, and even with that he doesn't reveal himself to her in the end either.

JJ, being the father/son loving son of a glitch that he is will probably erect a statue of that murdering "favorite child" picking basta**.

LOL... that would be murderously ironic. :)

Don't forget the dedication plaque to Padme in the lobby. Because every family member or friends to a patient needs to be reminded of the strongest women from that era who chose to die rather than live to protect her children. It's the stuff that builds confidence.

Those are some of the lamest, crappiest, boring, crappiest scenes from that movie. And yes, I said "crappiest" twice.

Care to point out anything better from TPM aside from the Pod Race and Maul scenes which I already mentioned? I'm betting you can't because the rest of the film is even crappier than your crappiest choices.

Care to point out anything better from TPM aside from the Pod Race and Maul scenes which I already mentioned? I'm betting you can't because the rest of the film is even crappier than your crappiest choices.
Since you focus solely on "action pieces", then no. If you are looking at the whole, then TPM is a tighter, more cohesive narrative than AotC, which is just all over the place and is basically just filler for idiotic action scenes. And frankly, I think the Pod Race and Maul is some of the crap part of TPM - the only part of the Maul battle that was worth watching was the final confrontation with Obi-Wan, up until the part where Obi launches over a stupefied Maul.

Since you focus solely on "action pieces", then no. If you are looking at the whole, then TPM is a tighter, more cohesive narrative than AotC, which is just all over the place and is basically just filler for idiotic action scenes. And frankly, I think the Pod Race and Maul is some of the crap part of TPM - the only part of the Maul battle that was worth watching was the final confrontation with Obi-Wan, up until the part where Obi launches over a stupefied Maul.

Well, let's just agree to disagree since we obviously don't see things the same way. I think TPM sucks more than AOTC and you don't. There, we're done with it.

Besides, isn't this supposed to be the Episode VII thread and haven't the prequels been debated enough on the internet for the last 13 years anyway? We should spend more time talking about what's on the horizon than a horse that's been beaten to death since 1999.

Well, let's just agree to disagree since we obviously don't see things the same way. I think TPM sucks more than AOTC and you don't. There, we're done with it.
Agreed. :thumbsup

Besides, isn't this supposed to be the Episode VII thread and haven't the prequels been debated enough on the internet for the last 13 years anyway? We should spend more time talking about what's on the horizon than a horse that's been beaten to death since 1999.
Damn, doubly agreed. (y)thumbsup

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back