Disney buying Lucasfilm (new Star Wars movies on tap)

This afternoon is going to get interesting. Many meetings to occur, and big news (which should now be expected) within an hour.

Enjoy this ride, keep your fingers crossed for us.

Wow, Disney is buying up stuff left and right... First Pixar, then Marvel, and now Lucasfilm, Ltd... Don't they have Anti-Trust regulation for this kind of thing?

End of an era. This is disastrous for the fan community. I can't even imagine the turmoil going on within the 501st right now..

End of an era. This is disastrous for the fan community. I can't even imagine the turmoil going on within the 501st right now..

You're so right Art. Disney does not mess around with copyrights they own and could crack down hard on the costuming and prop community.

Earthquake the other night, FRANKENSTORM yesterday and Lucas Film sells to Disney. 2012 end of the world begins :lol

George Lucas better not be writing or directing this new movie. I say make it dark with Chris Nolan in the director's chair! :thumbsup

I wouldn't be so sure. That's a terrific way to bite the hand that feeds you. The 501st also functions as a charitable organization and free positive press for the brand, particularly in relation to charity work targeted at kids.

Now, the PROP community...that could be a different story.

On the other hand, we may be $4.05B closer to an archival version of the OT....

Also, does this affect LucasArts? Are they a subsidiary of LFL?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back