Plague Doctor WIP

Wellss01

I have started working on my Plague doctor costume for Supanova in Sydney. I have already made the leather mask using vegetable tanned leather, its finnished with acrylic paints (i own no leather dye nor did i want to buy any) . The next part i am adressing it the cloak/coat/duster. Does anyone know any good sources, online or otherwise, where i can pick up a black duster for a resonable price? Shall keep you all updated as this costume progressesView attachment 123193View attachment 123194

Check me out:
www.facebook.com/steamjunkprops Or Steamjunkprops.deviantart.com

Leather work is easy if you give it a good shot. I was a novice to it until i made this. Best thing to do is just give it a shot. It is a steep learning curve but worth it.
Thanks for the compliments
You plague doctor looks great :)

Check me out:
www.facebook.com/steamjunkprops Or Steamjunkprops.deviantart.com

When I was in Venice I picked up one of the Doctor masks. Still have to paint it up.

Also, Wellss01 is absolutely right. The best way to learn is to do! You'd be surprised what you can accomplish. :)

Both masks here look great. :thumbsup

When I was in Venice I picked up one of the Doctor masks. Still have to paint it up.

Also, Wellss01 is absolutely right. The best way to learn is to do! You'd be surprised what you can accomplish. :)

Both masks here look great. :thumbsup

They sell them in venice? This is a neat project, i thought it was a nice touch in the Assassin's Creed games that all doctors wore these.

A while back Keith Thompson came out with an interesting take on the subject:

Viraemia

Only thing that bothers me about that is that there are tubes coming from the beak to a filter. The beak IS the filter.

(I know, I know, history in a picture that is clearly not based in any reality. Still though, bugged me. :lol)

They sell them in venice? This is a neat project, i thought it was a nice touch in the Assassin's Creed games that all doctors wore these.

You find masks like these ALL OVER Venice. There are only two shops though that still make them properly and actually in Venice. One is just North of Campo San Barnaba (the library in Last Crusade) and it's the shop that Kuberick got his masks from for Eyes Wide Shut.

I picked mine up there as a brilliant mix of my love of history and the AC games. :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back