Toronto Xmas Party 2012 *THIS WEEKEND!*

Got my Google Map printed out.

Pickup my food for the party on Friday.

Have my 3 TOS shirts ready to go.

PC laptop is charging.

Have my PADD ready to hand to Gerry for repairs.

I'm going to have a full car for the ride down to Burlington.

All I need to do is get to Saturday.

Last edited:
(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Everyone who's bringing laptops, they have wifi right?

Also, the earlier laptop people show up the better so that we can get these connected and working. :)

(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Everyone who's bringing laptops, they have wifi right?

Also, the earlier laptop people show up the better so that we can get these connected and working. :)

I was planning on arriving before the 6pm start because I'm coming quite a ways, so better to be early.

And I can help you with the computer setup.

Good to know.

Plus that will give me time to plug in the slow cooker, and get the food up to temperature again.

Google maps says it's 1 hours 30 mins form my house to yours, so they will be cold when I arrive.

I assume you know all about networks and the like?

The way it works is pretty simple. The "host" has an IP and all other machines just log in using that address.

You can I can test it out when we set up.

Looks like I'll be able to get free for saturday, will need your addy Mike.
Bringing my (almost) complete fallout plasma rifle for those who haven't seen it yet!
Can bring a laptop.. don't know if the GPU is too powerful though.
Hmmmm what to bring for snacks...
I guess something easy/ not messy to eat would be preferable.. I'll check the list before I start cooking so I don't do doubles!

I'll be there earlier as well.
Now I did mention that Artemis ran on my PC. It is an older Compaq, like 5 years or more. Good thing Artemis didn't seem to demanding, spec-wise, but because it's a network game I couldn't actually test out the gameplay, at least I think I can't. But it loaded up ok, so I'll keep my fingers crossed and we'll find out Saturday.

Mike, how many computers will there be now?

I assume you know all about networks and the like?

The way it works is pretty simple. The "host" has an IP and all other machines just log in using that address.

You can I can test it out when we set up.

I'll assume I won't have too many issues. It seems pretty simple from the demo I ran.

The hardest part will be getting Windows to see your network.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back