Toronto Xmas Party 2012 *THIS WEEKEND!*

The party was awesome! Had loads of fun. :D

I didn't get many photos so PLEASE send me all the photos & videos you can guys! We'll definitely have to do this again!

Great party Mike, borderline legendary. I will definitely post some pictures later today. Thanks again bud for hosting such a great party.

Playing Artemis was a great experience enjoyed by all, even for all those those as observers.

Great party Mike, borderline legendary. I will definitely post some pictures later today. Thanks again bud for hosting such a great party.

Playing Artemis was a great experience enjoyed by all, even for all those those as observers.

(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Glad you made it home safe bud! Looking forward to seeing the pics and videos people took!

Gotta say as well... I'm glad Dave was still sober at the end of the night to notice me totally being Kirk when dispatching that last enemy vessel!

I was in the moment...

"Fire"

So, for the three "official" games we played:

FIRST:

Mike in command. Rookie crew & commander but I thought we did well considering we were on difficulty level 5.

SECOND:

Andrew in command. Crew a little more experienced now and how about that helmsman? :lol Lowered the difficulty level to 4 and thought we did pretty damn fine. Andrew seemed hell bent on the suicide run at the end though!

Calling this one Kobayashi Maru!

THIRD:

Mike in command. With no engineering officer and our comm/science officer "incapacitated" we decided to go with just helm & weapons, shoot and ask questions later. It worked! We finally came out victorious in a game. :D

What an awesome party!
Great seeing everyone again, and that game set up was hella cool to watch. For the record, yes...I too got a chance to sit in and give it a go. I got to sit in the Captains chair, but as soon as I did I asked for Showtimes Dexter to play on the screen and it didn't comply...so, I abandoned my post and let another more capable Captain take over...:lol

Great fun was had by all, and I look forward to the next opportunity to see everyone again.
Mike...you rock dude. Thanks for letting us into your home yet again. :thumbsup

David

Did a little poking around, and Artemis is now available on iOS (there were some people saying it would be easier on a touchscreen)

Artemis: Spaceship Bridge Simulator - coming to iPad & iPhone! - STAR COMMAND FORUM

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/artemis-spaceship-bridge-simulator/id578372500?ls=1&mt=8

I know a few people who have played it on tablets (both Android & Mac) and the port is VERY dumbed down and not compatible with the full system (despite the claim that it is). Also apparently it's just a bad port to begin with.

That said, this game is a windows program so if you get one of those new touchscreen PCs or tablets with Windows 8 you should be able to play the full game with the rest of us AND have the touchscreen. :thumbsup

What an awesome party!
Great seeing everyone again, and that game set up was hella cool to watch. For the record, yes...I too got a chance to sit in and give it a go. I got to sit in the Captains chair, but as soon as I did I asked for Showtimes Dexter to play on the screen and it didn't comply...so, I abandoned my post and let another more capable Captain take over...:lol

You'd think on a starship they'd have Dexter available! :lol

I know a few people who have played it on tablets (both Android & Mac) and the port is VERY dumbed down and not compatible with the full system (despite the claim that it is). Also apparently it's just a bad port to begin with.

That said, this game is a windows program so if you get one of those new touchscreen PCs or tablets with Windows 8 you should be able to play the full game with the rest of us AND have the touchscreen. :thumbsup

That must be the older version.

They released a new one on Friday, and I just did a level 1 campaign using my iPad mini as helm and weapons, and it was the same game on the iPad as it was on the weekend.

In fact, using the touchscreen, it was much easier to do helm and weapons (those were the only 2 seats I played in on the weekend)

A very enjoyable interface to play with, even doing both helm and weapons at the same time.

That was how I was playing it in that post.

The laptop was the server and the mini was the controller.

I just did another game, using the big iPad as the server, and the mini as the client. Ran the same, and I find flying to be a lot easier with a touchscreen, IMHO.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back