I need some help with a pepakura model. Starship Troopers helmet. Need some help!!!

wolfenstein45

Hey guys I'm new here but I've come to right place when it comes to movie props and costumes it looks like! My friend made me a Starship Troopers pepakura helmet model and I'm looking to make it into an official helmet cast but I'm not quite sure how I should go about doing this. I've been told fiber glass is what to use for this cast and I am guessing they are right but how do I apply this fiber glass to the paper structure of the pepakura model? I watched a video on youtube of a fan of HALO making a replica Spartan armor assembly costume which turned out amazing by the way and it showed him pouring the fiber glass into the helmet but it also looked like he had some sort of plaster cast on the pepakura. Is this what I should do also? Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated! I'm excited to join this board! Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Re: I need some help with a pepakura model. Starship Troopers helmet. Need some help!

nevermind...need to read before posting.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back