Freddy Glove

tophmctoph

My friend, Daniel, works in a metal shop and this is the Freddy Krueger glove he made recently. What do you guys think? He's also been thinking of making these for Etsy, what do you guys think would be a reasonable price?

The first thing he did was take apart one of the plastic gloves and traced the shapes of fingers onto a chipboard for a template.

XBStK.jpg

He used a piece of 1 inch round bar and a dead-blow hammer to shape the metal.

VAufN.jpg

He did the same for the tips of the fingers and then used rapid rivets to make the hinges. He advises that you don't use pop rivets because they will lock the joints and your fingers won't move.

uE5SS.jpg

He then made a template for blades from chipboard and transferred the shape to metal.

AbZiV.jpg

He then uses a grinder and a flap disc to shape the blades.

d5MZZ.jpg

And then welds the blades to the fingers using low heat. The metal is thin and he advises against using high heat as it will melt holes in the metal.

BC2Re.jpg

Rings made for the fingers

ayhlO.jpg

uqxVs.jpg

Dh075.jpg

After the rings where on, he joined up the fingers to the back plate using rapid rivets again. He used a torch to distress the metal at this point as well.

DAJpT.jpg

woU4m.jpg

The sheet metal will warp from the welding so he opened the joins up a bit to make the fingers move more freely.

RFq1U.jpg

Vs044.jpg

Bonus: Old felt hat he got off ebay, cut and burned.

3stvu.jpg

The glove looks great. There are alot of glove makers out there now who make very screen accurate gloves....and customers will pay alot for that accuracy...as in several hundred dollars. I would honestly say the 50-80 dollar range for a "inspired" glove like that. The more accurate it is, the more people will be willing to pay.

Tae care,
Tommy

Just amazing, I agree with Homicidal - around $70-$80 seems reasonable, maybe even $100 depending on the total cost for the raw materials. Of course I still haven't yet purchased any handmade/built replicas yet so this is based on what I'd be willing to pay.

I'm not a big enough Freddy fan to have it be the first prop I buy, but good luck though...

Indeed, this glove is pretty well made but its an "inspired glove". Each Elm Street Movie have is own version of the glove. Material, Leather Glove, weathering, and accurate glove is selling around 140-200$ So im agree with the last post. 60-80$ could be a fine range!

But this glove look pretty damn well!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back