Mega Man Helmet Prop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stegodon

I just wanted to share my MegaMan helmet I made recently. It was super simple to do but looks Extremely accurate to the helmet from the Megaman series of games.

I took a old helmet found at a garage sale. Stripped it clean. Sanded it smooth. Cut out the circles for the Ear pieces from foam. Cut 2 pieces of foam for the top. Added a Small triangle to make the front of the helmet out of fiberglass. Stuck it all together and painted it on. Really simple yet very pleased with the outcome.

Hope you guys like it.

mate! this is fantastic (y)thumbsup, i've been commissioned to make a mega-man outfit and currently in the planning stage. Been going through quite a few different design ideas for the helmet but this seems to have worked really really well!! it looks great!! will definitely be taking pages out of this book haha :)

mate! this is fantastic (y)thumbsup, i've been commissioned to make a mega-man outfit and currently in the planning stage. Been going through quite a few different design ideas for the helmet but this seems to have worked really really well!! it looks great!! will definitely be taking pages out of this book haha :)

Awesome glad I could be of some service!!! Biggest tip I wish I had before looking at the helmets. Realizing rather 1. Helmets are made rather oversized to begin with... so leaving original padding will make it look huge.... and 2. removing the padding leaves ALOT of dead space. So I would recommend looking for a helmet that when fully padded it actually does NOT fit the wearer, when all gutted out adding slight padding it will fit like a dream.

Great! Needs a mega blaster... :love

Hey ya I'm currently making a mega buster out of PVC will be done in a little bit.... Keep getting side tracked by other projects hahah when finished ill put the whole costume on and show it off hahah busy making a zero helmet at the moment haha thanks guys

Awesome glad I could be of some service!!! Biggest tip I wish I had before looking at the helmets. Realizing rather 1. Helmets are made rather oversized to begin with... so leaving original padding will make it look huge.... and 2. removing the padding leaves ALOT of dead space. So I would recommend looking for a helmet that when fully padded it actually does NOT fit the wearer, when all gutted out adding slight padding it will fit like a dream.

Yeh i was thinking that as I looked at it! quite a lot of room get's taken up by padding. I personally dont know all the different mega man variants but im making the one with the alien thing on the end of his arm, probably going to be a sintra built on plastic frame kind of a thing

Yeh i was thinking that as I looked at it! quite a lot of room get's taken up by padding. I personally dont know all the different mega man variants but im making the one with the alien thing on the end of his arm, probably going to be a sintra built on plastic frame kind of a thing

Best of luck with your build!! A lot of times I use children's bike helmets and make paper cut outs then fiberglass in extra pieces, and bondo/sand any holes, cuts my build time literally in half, and after you strip out the insides of a child's helmet it's extremely form fitted for a adult head.

Frequently I stop by a local goodwill and find helmets for about $2 bucks a piece.

Sell? Not that one... I prefer to keep all my original makes for my office....

I could replicate and make and sell other ones I suppose :)

came out great! I have supplies to make a Megaman X helmet, but I'm a procrastinator lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back